"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sock It To Me Baby!

My brilliant and lovely thug sista Kym came up with the idea of a sock exchange last year. She said
It’s The Great Sock-It-to-Me Exchange. The warmth you feel from your bloggy support is a warm and fuzzy pair of snuggly socks. Take the support with you for a trip to the stirrups. Wear them when you’re chasing around your battle-won little person. Put them on when you have something to celebrate or when you need a hug. Wear them as a physical reminder of all the people inside your computer who you know care for and are thinking of you.
This week, we are celebrating the 2010 Winter Sock It To Me exchange and posting the links to our celebration posts over at her blog.

I got the most wonderful package from Alexicographer! Not only did I get a truly wonderful pair of dragon socks made from bamboo fiber (they are sooooo soft and silky) but she included the cutest book for my boys - The Dragon In The Sock Drawer (Oooh, now I'm really excited. It's part of a series). I can't wait to read it with Joey.

I can't begin to express how much this community means to me. I've made friends who will last a life time. Y'all helped save my sanity when I was struggling (and occasionally still struggle) with the feeling and issues infertility brought out. These socks are a physical, tangible reminder that there are people out there who care and I will always remember that when I wear them. THANK YOU!

9 comments:

Sooz said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I haven't tried Sock It To Me, but it seems like so much fun.

You're absolutely right. This community is so supportive and I wouldn't have made it this far without it!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Love the socks! How awesome that she sent books too.

jill said...

What a thoughtful gift! That book looks adorable - even I want to read it and I don't have any kids to share it with!

I love the socks you made for your buddy! They are beautiful!

Michelle said...

How awesome and fitting is that book!

Alexicographer said...

Hi, Kristin -- so glad you like the socks and the book! As I said in my email to you when I started googling "Dragon socks" I thought it was just too cool that a kids book about ... dragons and socks (or at least sock drawers!) popped up. I do hope you and yours will enjoy reading the book together!

It's been great coming to your blog and getting to "know" you a bit through SITM!

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Dude!! How cool are those??? I am so jealous!!

The book is a great idea to!!

Have a nice weekend my sweet friend!!

Hugs,
Erica

MrsSpock said...

Oooo...those gifts were well thought out and tailor-made for you!

Beautiful Mess said...

OH wow how cool! I can't wait to hear about those books! Zilla just started reading chapter books, I should look into these.
*HUGS*

ALEH said...

Happy SITM! What a thoughtful package.