"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, February 08, 2010

Perfect Moment Monday: Our First Super Bowl Party

Lori over at Weebles Wobblog says that "Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between."

When I was talking about the Super Bowl last week, the kids decided we should have a Super Bowl party. Then, they decided we should have all kinds of Oriental food to eat at the party. So, I made pork friend rice

beef and broccoli

Asian chicken wings

and egg drop soup

Then, yesterday, we sat down to watch the Super Bowl for the first time since the Panthers' heartbreak in 2004. Once again, we were rooting for the underdog, the Saints. But, this time the result was very different. Who Dat won! So, not only did the family hang out and have fun and got to cheer on a winner but we also had lots of delicious food. I think this is going to become a yearly event.

Go check out the other perfect moments at this week's Perfect Moment Monday on Weebles Wobblog.
****************************************
And, don't forget to check out (and sign up for) my the 18 x 24 Poster Print Giveaway from uPrinting.com.

9 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Wow, we cooked the same type of cuisine I see! I made shrimp and veggie fried rice and Asian wings. Your dishes look amazing and I too was rooting for the underdog!! Whoo hoo!!

Delenn said...

Oh, that looks so good! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

I bet the neighbors were wandering out of their homes during halftime, following the smells and looking for your alternative to the same old nachos and Buffalo wings.

battynurse said...

Sounds like fun and wow, some yummy food.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Well. You've certainly got my salivary glands awake this morning.

What a fantastic tradition. Makes me wish I lived within driving distance!

JuliaS said...

Oh yum - now you have to post recipes for "Tasty Tuesday"! I just made that up - but if it works to get the recipe for them there wings and pork fried rice . . . :0)

Flying Monkeys said...

My son would have been happier at your house, we had gumbo and chili.

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

All looks good. It was a great game.

Quiet Dreams said...

Everything you cook always looks DELICIOUS. Yum. Now I'm hungry for Chinese food.