"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, February 26, 2010

I thought weekends were for relaxation

Oh man, I thought we were suppose to be able to relax over the weekend. Today, we had Marty's family birthday get together. I made his cake, Chocolate Raspberry Mousse cake (and, oh man, was it GOOD), my mom, dad, my two nieces, and both my sisters came over. We had pizza, and cake and the went to the circus. It was so much fun seeing it through Gabe's eyes. His favorite part was the tigers. Tomorrow, Marty has his weekend science camp and they have the closing program which families are invited to attend at noon. We'll get back, have a couple of hours, and then we have Joey's cub scout Blue and Gold Banquet. We will be there from about 5 pm until 8. We have such a HUGE pack that it takes that long for everyone to get their rank badges and for the older Webelos to bridge to boy scouts. I'f I'm still alive and functioning Sunday morning, we have Sunday school and church and we promised to take the boys out to dinner. Somewhere in there, I want to try and finish the last 30 blogs on the ICLW list cause I am so close to iron commenter again that I can taste it. Oh well, at least I won't have to cook this weekend.

6 comments:

battynurse said...

Hope you get some rest in there somehow. And that cake sounds truly wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Wow.That is some crazy schedule. Thanks for commenting on the limerick.I don't know where these things come from!

..Soo.See.. said...

Wow, busy bee! Hope you enjoy all the things to do, and get some rest on Sunday @ dinner w/ your family! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Maven said...

Wow! Sounds crazy busy. I hope you manage to get some rest. Weekends: they're not just for reruns of House anymore!

Myndi said...

Love hate relationship with those types of weekends, ya know? At least it's all good stuff!

Thanks for the comment!