"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, February 22, 2010

Perfect Moment Monday: He's Still My Baby

Lori over at Weebles Wobblog says that "Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between."

I'm a touchy feely person. I love hugs. I love snuggling. My boys are getting so big that I rarely get to do this anymore. Sure, I get hugs from them but it's not the same as snuggle time. Sunday night, Gabriel, who never slows down, was so tired that he not only snuggled for a long time with me but he fell asleep in my arms.It's hard to believe this precious boy, this boy who took so much struggle to bring into this world, has gotten so big...

Aaaah well, he will always be my baby and I'll treasure these moments while I still have them.

Go check out the other perfect moments at this week's Perfect Moment Monday on Weebles Wobblog.

23 comments:

Stacie said...

What a wonderful moment!

GeekByMarriage said...

So sweet. Cherish those moments forever.

Unknown said...

Kristin, such a sweet moment! Thanks for sharing.

sharon said...

people tell you all the time to treasure these moments, and you really have to , because it all goes by so quickly. my babies are now 14 and 17, respectively ... and that 17 year old will be graduating high school in june! he is getting the college acceptances in the mail everyday ... NYU leading the pack. and i think, i used to diaper this kid! amazing ... this thing called time. they grow up and we grow older!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

aww, that is so sweet!! I sniff every bit of William when he is sleeping in my arms. SOunds odd but I try to contain all that baby that is left of him while I can. I just love your photos with sweet Gabe!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

What I love about moments like this is that two people are providing a perfect moment for each other.

Precious.

Sandy said...

That picture of you holding your son is one of the sweetest things I've seen. It brought tears to my eyes, because I feel this way about Oscar, and know I always will

Sheri said...

What a wonderful Perfect Moment!

My three early teenage boys rarely snuggle with me...and I cherish every moment that they do.

Thanks for sharing your Perfect Moment!

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture and a great moment ;) Happy ICLW

Kristi aka "Judy" said...

omg, how sweet is that pic of your faces? Love you both!

Quiet Dreams said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Anna C said...

that really does look like a perfect moment. thanks for sharing! Happy ICLW!

calliope said...

awwwww. That just made me smile so big!

AnotherDreamer said...

Awww, that is an absolutely lovely perfect moment :)

Jonelle said...

Aww what a sweet picture. Thanks for sharing


ICLW

Anonymous said...

I love this perfect moment! I hope and pray that I get to experience a few of those kinds of moments myself one day.

(ICLW)

xxx

cowboybootlady said...

Ah....there is nothing better than snuggling. Perfect. Moment.

Rebecca said...

Such an absolutely sweet moment. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! And, yay, for a knitter!! I'm hooked on anything with an interesting stitch pattern lately -- lace, cables, crazy color combos...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... definitely a perfect moment!
- iclw

Danifred said...

I will never, ever get tired of snuggles.
What a sweet moment!

EC said...

utterly adorable, you both look so peaceful all snuggled up :)

Beautiful Mess said...

Awww how SWEET! I love that picture. I can't even remember the last time Zilla fell asleep in my lap :o( I miss those moments. What a cutie!
*HUGS*

ALEH said...

Such a sweet picture. Happy ICLW!