"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tales of a Tweet War

We all know how quickly things can blow up into a flame war or a tweet war but there was a tweet war this week that was note worthy. Fox News representative (from the show Red Eye) Andrew Levy took a shot at Chris Brown of R&B/Rihanna fame. Evidently, Andrew Levy has taken shots at Chris Brown before but this one set Chris Brown off and Brown and his stellar crew of supporters fired back.

This time around, Chris Brown tweeted "No more planking for me unless it's on a sexy lady! LOL" (sorry couldn't find a screen shot) and Andrew Levy responded by retweeting and adding a "correction"...
Chris Brown's twitter stream blew up and Andrew Levy offered this "apology"...

Andrew Levy has previously mentioned he's taken these tweetshots at Chris Brown because he feels people act like they've forgotten what he did. Do you see the humor in this whole situation? Or do you think Andrew Levy took it too far? Please chime in with your opinion and let's keep it civil folks.



*I am NOT a Fox News fan. There have been too many incidents with them claiming no bias and then showing bias as bad if not worse than the other news stations. I have NO respect for that.
******************************
Remember that I've opened the floor for any and all questions. Ask away.

5 comments:

lapis_lazuli615 said...

I'm of two minds on this. Because I work as a handler for actors at conventions - I get to know some pretty cool 'famous' people. And guess, what? They're just people. People like you and me with foibles and sweaty palms and nervous laughs. I get angry at the media for things like Princess Diana - paparazzi houding people to death. So yeah, everyone makes mistakes and celebrities are only human too. Some mistakes though, are more 'forgivable' than others.

The other side of this coin is, if you're famous, people tend to 'forget' what you did. Especially if they like your music/books/basketball skillz/etc. That because you're famous and/or make a lot of money (not always synonymous) anything you do is okay and can be forgiven and forgotten.

Here's my problem with that... I am old school when it comes to domestic abuse - once a hitter, always a hitter.

He might be able to forget that he hit Rhianna, if the world lets him. But I guarantee that for the rest of her life, Rhianna will cringe anytime she is in an emotional moment (i.e. an argument) and a man moves quickly, even if he's not aiming for her or even moving like he's going to strike something/her.

So maybe the RT was uncalled for. Maybe. But then again, maybe Chris Brown shouldn't have hit Rhianna, or any woman. Ever.

My 2 cents.

The Blessed Barrenness said...

I'm sure Chris Brown didn't find it funny. However, as a survivor of domestic abuse I stopped being a fan after the RiRi incident.
I actually the the tweet is quite funny & clever!

areyoukiddingme said...

I will say that I have totally let that incident color the way I feel when I hear Chris Brown's name. Same with Mel Gibson, and to a lesser extent, Russell Crowe, Brittany Spears, and many other celebrities. lapis_lazuli is right - some mistakes are more forgivable than others, but what Chris Brown did does not fall into that category.

On the other hand, it's hard for me to say that someone should lose their means of making a living, even because of a felony conviction. But I can't fault the Fox guy (and I take every opportunity to fault the Fox talking heads) for expressing his opinion.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen any of this kerfuffle before, but no I don't think he went too far, and yes I think CB has gotten off fairly easily, esp. with female fans.

Tillie said...

I have to say I loved his tweet. Seriously I don't get why EVERYONE has forgotten about what Chris Brown did. Seriously ridiculous. I'm glad they called him on it.