"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, August 26, 2011

My evening went to hell in a handbasket...

I meant to have a post or two up for y'all today. I really did. I was going to do a back to school post and a house buying craziness post but my afternoon and evening went to hell in a  hand basket. Marty had a crap load of math homework (and I'm the go to parent for that) and Joey and Gabe were exhausted from the first day of school so there was tons of sniping going on.  Then, we made a trip to the Emergency Room so Gabe could get his chin glued shut (believe it or not, I typed shit instead of shut initially...that tells you how my night went). And, because Gabe's disaster interrupted the homework time, I had to finish helping Marty with his homework at 11 pm. I am tired.

9 comments:

Stacie said...

Aw, many hugs. Hope Gabe heals quickly and that you get a chance to sleep tonight!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Oy... hope that Gabe's doing ok. And I hope that this isn't an indication of what's to come this year for your family.

St Elsewhere said...

What happened to Gabe?

You sound very wiped. I hope you catch up with some rest.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Wishing you and your family a return to calm real soon.

XO

Jen said...

poor Gabe. Bean has had her chin glued shut so many times now. you could have described my day except I suck at math. Hope it calms down

AnotherDreamer said...

Man, what a night! Poor Gabe, what happened? Hope you're catching up on sleep today :(

Kir said...

I know h is ok, but that was a shit night and I'm just glad everyone is in one piece, even if one is being held together with glue. HUGS

Sarah said...

I hope Gabe is feeling better!! Things have come a long way, when I was five I cut my chin open and my mom, dad and a nurse had to hold me down for the doctor to stitch me up, Glue is so much easier!!!

Happy ICLW
#75

Tillie said...

sending lots of love and prayers to y'all.