"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, May 09, 2010

To all the women in my life...

Happy Mother's Day

Yeah, I know there are some of you who haven't yet had that dream come true or who have lost a child. I want you guys to know I'm thinking of you and holding you close today.

For all the mommies I know, I hope you are having a fabulous day today.

And, for my mommy, thank you for always being there for me when I was growing up. Thank you for allowing the massive slumber parties and the birthday party that degenerated into a frosting fight. Thank you for drying my tears through junior high and supporting my dreams as I went off to school. Thank you for somehow always finding a way to get us to the summer camps and programs we wanted to attend. Thank you for the many, many years of running Mom's Taxi and not minding when the pick ups ran late. I hope I can be half as great a mom to my kids as you were to me. I love you to the moon and back mommy!

4 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Beautiful post. Happy Mom's Day to you, dear.

battynurse said...

Thanks Kristin and Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Happy Mothers day to you too hon!

Quiet Dreams said...

I hope you had a fabulous day. :)