"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More Random Shit from Me

Suzy over at not a fertile myrtle has this meme up and I really liked it because it had some different questions. Join in the fun and answer one or two questions in the comments or, if you are really enthused, post it on your blog.

Apple juice or orange juice? apple

Are you a morning or night person? Definitely a night person...but my 3 hellions force me to at least function in the morning.

Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? If I could only pick one, it would be salty. However, I love the two together because they balance each other out and neither is overwhelming.

What was your favorite childhood television program? I loved Sesame Street and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood but the theme song that sticks in my head is from Pinwheel, a Nick show that my sister's watched...

Are you a collector of anything? Dragons (stuffed, figurines, books, even socks), books, yarn, fabric, and other craft stuff

If you could be any animal, what would you be? I'd love to be a dolphin...swimming through the oceans and jumping through the air sounds heavenly.

What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? It honestly depends...sometimes a project I'm working on, sometimes what is planned for the next day, etc

What’s your favorite color? Green and purple

Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Absolutely...I don't necessarily believe they've visited here but I personally think it would be awfully arrogant of us to believe we are the only planet with sentient life in this huge universe.

Do you believe in ghosts? Yup

Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Oh yeah, I was thoroughly obsessed with Toontown

You’re given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? Hmmmm, presuming it was 1 million post tax, I'd pay off our house, sink about 200 thousand into the house for improvements/expansion, pay off my parents' house, buy my hubby and I new cars, put about 400 thousand in IRAs and investments, and the little bit left would be mad money.

Have any bad habits? Picking my nails...sometimes I break the habit for months at a time but then one breaks or cracks or peels and it goes to hell.

List 3 of your worst personality traits: I procrastinate with certain things (like housework); as my friend describes herself, I'm a clutter queen; I can be impatient.

Have any celebrity crushes? Oh yeah...John Barrowman from TorchwoodList 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: My weight

Any tattoos or piercings? Pierced ears...two holes in one ear, 3 in the other & 2 tattoos

What’s the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? Eyes

Are you mostly a clean or messy person? Messy

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Right here where I am but I'd love to be able to travel a lot.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Ireland, Puerto Rico, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island...want to eat in the underwater restaurant, Paris...I need a few days just for the Louvre, DC...I need a week for the Smithsonian, Russia, Peru...I've always wanted to see Machu Pichu, Australia

List 5 goals on your life’s to-do list: 1) Make a real go of my design company 2) lose weight 3) paint the interior of our house and make Roman shades for all the rooms 4) Make a memory quilt for each of my kids and myself out of the outgrown baby/toddler clothes 5) Travel to Europe with my husband

Name 1 regret you have: Not working harder and getting better grades in college.

Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: The absence of serious responsibility...no bills especially.

Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: Being married to my soulmate

What’s your favorite song of the moment? Soul Sister by Train

What’s your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? My favorite thing is to go out to eat with my hubby...just us. The second favorite (and most common) is hanging out with my family and sister by choice, Jennifer.

What’s your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? Read or stitch

9 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Hellz yeah--come to DC for the Smithsonian buildings!

I didn't know about the underwater restaurant. You've given me a new thing for my wish list.

K said...

I am also impatient.

ICLW

battynurse said...

My favorite colors are green and purple too. Especially together.
I'm a clean person at heart but a messy person in reality.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Hmmm... I'm going to have to 'borrow' this one from you. I love the memory quilt idea for your boys and yourself. I wish I knew how to sew.

Beautiful Mess said...

Love your list and of course the picture of the yummy eye candy. Delicious!

I think if I had a million to spend, I'd get all of us bloggers together. Wouldn't that be fun?!
*HUGS*

Kir said...

you sound wonderful!!!! (I know you are!!)
I loved learning all about you :)

Krissi said...

I also loved Sesame Street as a kid & I love dolphins! Happy ICLW! (#94)

AnotherDreamer said...

I like the things you collect ;) Very similar to me, except I collect fairies not dragons (although I do like dragons a lot) and no fabric (yet... still postponing getting a sewing machine.) Collect all sorts of craft stuff, mostly because I say I can use it someday for something art wise.

I am an orange juice person, lol.

I have my ears pierced, nose, and tongue. Three tattoos, which you've seen through the ALI tour you came up with ;)

I like memes- I always feel like I know the blogger better after reading them :)

MrsSpock said...

Pinwheel!!!!!