"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, May 17, 2010

Perfect Moment Monday: Lettuce Eat

Lori over at Weebles Wobblog says that "Perfect Moment Monday is more about noticing a perfect moment than about creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between."

This year, I wasn't going to have a veggie garden. Last year's garden started off great but, the minute I put my seedlings in the ground, they bit the dust. As near as I can figure, there is a pH imbalance in my soil. But, I didn't get around to getting my soil tested so I figured a garden was pointless this year.

Back in the first half of April, my sis offered me all the plants she had left over after she planted her garden. She had a handful of pots I could use so all I had to do was get the rest of the pots and the soil.

This is what my potted veggie garden looked like last Monday...
and this is what I picked yesterday...
Thanks to my sweet baby sis we will be enjoying fresh veggies all summer long.

Go check out the other perfect moments at this week's Perfect Moment Monday on Weebles Wobblog.

9 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

WOW! That's some bounty!

You've inspired me. Gonna plant soon.

Mrs.Spit said...

That's a pretty hardcore PH imbalance. Usually you would see stunted growth, straggly growth, that sort of thing.

AnotherDreamer said...

Awesome. I started some seedlings for my herb garden, but they recently died :( And it's been a pretty chilly spring here anyway, so the garden hasn't even got started (*SIGH*) But you have quite the bounty there, and that reminds me exactly why I need to get cracking on that garden. Lovely :)

Sandy said...

That picture of the lettuce made my mouth water! Now I'm craving a salad.

Quiet Dreams said...

That lettuce is gorgeous!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Gorgeous lettuce.

Justine L said...

I love vegetable gardens! We're enjoying our own lettuce and arugula right now. Here's wishing you all of the abundance you can stand!

battynurse said...

Wow. that looks cool. I planted cucumbers and tomatoes in pots this year. Hoping by the time they start to come up I'll actually be able to eat them.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I'm very impressed. I have two very huge black thumbs and I kill everything I try to grow. (my regular failed attempts at herb gardens are a family joke)