"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A little of this, a little of that, and book stuff...

This past weekend, I introduced my older boys to the National Lampoon movies and Die Hard. They both loved both movies.

*****

It was after watching National Lampoon's Vacation that I had a "Damn, he's grown up" moment with my oldest. I showed him a picture of Christie Brinkley today and he said, "Damn, she's still hot" and quickly followed it up with "Guess that goes to show you what a lot of money and plastic surgery can do for you."

*****

We've all had our first round of springtime colds here. It has royally sucked.

*****

GIVEAWYS...

I got a beautiful set of earrings in the mail. I won them in a giveaway. These lovely earrings were made by String Bean Studios. Go check them out. They have lovely pieces.

I also got in 2 wonderful books I got in another giveaway hosted by the author Barbara Knobova through Coffee Times Romance. I can't wait to read Tales for Delicious Girls and The Delicious Girl's Guide to Self-Love.

I also got my next item to review from Eden Fantasys. I think this has been a pretty damned good mail week.

*****

Finally and most importantly, BlogHer is pairing with Bookrenter to donate up to 1000 books to Head Start. Head over to Blogher right now and tell them in a comment the book that has had the greatest impact on your life.

One comment = one book and, one post added to the Linky = one more book.

Come on y'all, I know most of you like to read. Go help out.

9 comments:

K said...

Yes it has been a good mail week!

Delenn said...

I love those moments of grown-upness...its scary too, tho!

I have to think about my influential book comment--I love so many books!! :-)

..al said...

Congrats on winning all those pretty and intellectual things.

Laughing at your son's comment. He sure talks like a grown up...:-)

Kakunaa said...

ahhhh, Barbara Kingsolver.....my book hero. I think you mentioned we had her in common. Sounds like a wonderful project. I will try to remember to go join in. Happy Wednesday.

Arlette said...

Congrats on the winning the giveaway. Those earrings are really cute. I had to bust a laugh at your son's comments about Christie Brinkley and the plastic surgery. Too funny!
Take care!
Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all of your comments lately. I am so sorry I haven't responded back. Honestly, I have been selfish. Thank you again.

Colette S said...

Definitely sounds like a good mail week. And yes the boys is growing up!

Quiet Dreams said...

Marty cracks me UP. :)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Most influential book? That one is going to be tough. So many to choose from.

Those earrings are lovely!!