"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A little of this, a little of that, and book stuff...

This past weekend, I introduced my older boys to the National Lampoon movies and Die Hard. They both loved both movies.


It was after watching National Lampoon's Vacation that I had a "Damn, he's grown up" moment with my oldest. I showed him a picture of Christie Brinkley today and he said, "Damn, she's still hot" and quickly followed it up with "Guess that goes to show you what a lot of money and plastic surgery can do for you."


We've all had our first round of springtime colds here. It has royally sucked.



I got a beautiful set of earrings in the mail. I won them in a giveaway. These lovely earrings were made by String Bean Studios. Go check them out. They have lovely pieces.

I also got in 2 wonderful books I got in another giveaway hosted by the author Barbara Knobova through Coffee Times Romance. I can't wait to read Tales for Delicious Girls and The Delicious Girl's Guide to Self-Love.

I also got my next item to review from Eden Fantasys. I think this has been a pretty damned good mail week.


Finally and most importantly, BlogHer is pairing with Bookrenter to donate up to 1000 books to Head Start. Head over to Blogher right now and tell them in a comment the book that has had the greatest impact on your life.

One comment = one book and, one post added to the Linky = one more book.

Come on y'all, I know most of you like to read. Go help out.


K said...

Yes it has been a good mail week!

Delenn said...

I love those moments of grown-upness...its scary too, tho!

I have to think about my influential book comment--I love so many books!! :-)

WiseGuy said...

Congrats on winning all those pretty and intellectual things.

Laughing at your son's comment. He sure talks like a grown up...:-)

Kakunaa said...

ahhhh, Barbara Kingsolver.....my book hero. I think you mentioned we had her in common. Sounds like a wonderful project. I will try to remember to go join in. Happy Wednesday.

Arlette said...

Congrats on the winning the giveaway. Those earrings are really cute. I had to bust a laugh at your son's comments about Christie Brinkley and the plastic surgery. Too funny!
Take care!

laura debellas said...

Thank you so much for all of your comments lately. I am so sorry I haven't responded back. Honestly, I have been selfish. Thank you again.

JamericanSpice said...

Definitely sounds like a good mail week. And yes the boys is growing up!

Quiet Dreams said...

Marty cracks me UP. :)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Most influential book? That one is going to be tough. So many to choose from.

Those earrings are lovely!!