"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, September 21, 2009

Welcome to the once monthly week of insanity...

otherwise know as Kristin is participating in ICLW. See, I am really laid back about most things in my life. Very few things inspire obsessive behavior of any type in me. The weird thing is, I can't always predict what appeals to my insane side. For example, I am obsessively neat when I put my cross stitch floss on bobbins. I hate bobbins that balloon out in the middle. Mine are nice, neat, and flat. They look like they are wound by a machine.
I also am obsessive about ICLW. I get all bent out of shape if I miss commenting on any blogs during ICLW. I try to resist but it never seems to help. Hmmm, I wonder if I could redirect some of that obsession into something useful, like housework maybe. So, what if anything do you obsess about?
****************************************
BTW, for anyone who is new to my site, here are some links to help you get to know me better...
****************************************
Finally, I found out that one of my all time favorite books, The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, has been optioned to become a movie starring none other than Patrick Dempsey aka Dr. McDreamy, in the lead. I can't wait!

12 comments:

~Ifer said...

ok, your post made me smile, because before I even read the post, I saw the picture, and I said "cross stitch bobbins!" I haven't stitched in a couple years, but it used to be a passion of mine.. this made me miss it.

Summer Athena said...

you crack me up. you probably know i cannot stitch a thing. not even a button. so, i will live vicariously through you!

xo

Anonymous said...

Happy ICLW! I love the picture! My mom was a seamstress once upon a moon, and I always loved playing with the various bobbins and threads and fabrics.

Beautiful Mess said...

You're an amazing cross stitcher! Your bobbins are so neat! There is NO way mine would be that neat. BAH! Cleaning the house is over rated and not as much fun as ICLW or cross stitching.

Your last book recommendation was AMAZING! So, when I got to the library this week, I'm going to look for that book. Thanks!
*HUGS*

Jem said...

I couldn't see the pic of the bobbin, but I can relate. Thanks for shaing that little bit about yourself.

Anonymous said...

Your bobbins are so beautiful ! If I could only be so organized myself.

~ICLW

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
roy/elisabeth dean said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog~

I have sisters who cross-stitch, but I was never able to master it. I'm a it on the hyper side!!!
My obsession??? My kitchen! I can't stand for anyone else to cook in there, which is a real shame because I LOVE to eat other people's cooking. Just don't use my kitchen.

Have a great day~
♥,Lilly
ICLW

Lynn said...

Lol! I love the cross-stitch bobbins! They look so neat - like being in a store. I obsess about pretty much everything, so that's really nothing new to me! I get on one topic and then it's all I talk about for a while. I'm like a kid! It's embarassing to me sometimes, but I can't seem to stop myself.

~ICLW~

Quiet Dreams said...

You make me laugh really, really hard. For some reason, this reminds me of a good friend of mine (the friend I stayed with for a couple of days before I got out of dodge). Her house was a crazy mess. Pet hair everywhere, we had to basically scoot stuff over from one end of the dining table to make a space to eat, clutter every place you look...except her closets. Her closets were pristine. Only white plastic hangers, everything neatly hung the same way. And I watched her fold laundry--she was like a machine, you should have seen those creases!

So, yeah, people are funny about their obsessions.

Aunt Becky said...

I miss doing ICLW. I can't put the widget up because my template isn't widget-ready. Drives me insane.

And what, ME OCD? NEVER.

Meari said...

My bobbins are like yours... neat and flat. I use a bobbin winder, too. I'm so bad that I once bought a bunch of "wound" floss off ebay. It was wound sooooo messy that I re-wound every single one! I'm obsessive about how towels and sheets are folded, too. LOL My house can be messy... but not my towels, sheets, or bobbins!