"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Operation Underwear commences

Wish us luck. When Gabe and I went shoe shopping, I also bought him underwear because he had agreed to wear it. Of course, as soon as we got home he promptly refused to put it on. Last night, he decided it was time to wear his Cars underwear...and he actually agreed to put it on this morning. We've talked all about having to tell me when he needs to go potty. God, I hope this works.

*Sigh...strike one = one very clean spot on the floor.
**Double Sigh...strike two was less than 5 minutes after sitting on the potty and doing nothing. It was followed by sobbing and begging for a diaper. I know we won't get anywhere while he is in that mind set. Operation Underwear is on hold until tomorrow.

8 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Good luck. Progress, not perfection.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

good luck!! I am not really looking forward to the underwear days with this kid of mine. Have a great day :)

Lynn said...

Good luck! I hope it gets better and he gets more confidence. Baby steps...but you'll get there!

Flying Monkeys said...

Good luck! This endeavor feels like one step forward two steps back, then I ask myself how many 16 year olds I met that still wore diapers and take a deep breath. He'll get it.

Meari said...

Oh the joys of potty training....

Anonymous said...

Poor Kristin. Poor Gabes. Let's all go have ice cream! Diapers for everyone!

Lea White said...

Sometimes they are just not ready. Maybe go back to diapers just for a little bit longer and try again. Was like that with my eldest (once she was ready it took all of a week with very few accidents). My second one the same. This week she is out of nappies and so far so good. She makes maybe 1 accident a day. If it becomes too stressful then they won't enjoy the experience.

Billy said...

Good luck with the potty training.