"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, September 18, 2009

To sleep, perchance to dream

That's all I'm hoping for tonight. Marty is finally feeling better but poor Gabeycakes has it. The past two nights, he has woken up twice, exactly 4 hours apart, when his cough medicine wears off. It is kicking my ass. Last night was particularly bad because he woke me up at 4:20 am and was up for half an hour and I had to be up again at 5:45 so I could take my friend into the hospital for minor surgery. I was dragging sooooooo badly this afternoon.

Regarding my friend, we had an interesting experience when we were at the hospital. I think that the guy that came in to wheel her back to surgery thought we were a couple. Right before he wheeled her away, he stepped outside the curtain and made a comment about having a minute to give her a kiss or a hug or whatever. For whatever reason, it amused us so as soon as he pulled the curtain, we looked at each other and made kissy noises. Jennifer and I have joked and called her my stand in husband (when Vic is at work) and we joke and call her my hubby's girlfriend but this is the first time someone else assumed we were an item. Oh well, hehehe, I could do a hell of a lot worse.

I'm out of here for now. I'll try to catch up with the blogs over the weekend. Smooches!

4 comments:

battynurse said...

How funny about thinking you and your friend were a couple. Hope her procedure went well and I hope you get some sleep.

Nina said...

Well, I do sometimes tell the "family" that this is the last chance for hugs and kisses for a few minutes. I usually try to gauge the dynamics first, though!

Quiet Dreams said...

Very funny. When I was traveling last summer in Mexico with my friend, who is about my mom's age and a lesbian, we were wondering what people thought about us. We got "aunt" from a couple of people, and I figured some people probably thought she was my mom. We would have thought it was hilarious if we had been thought a couple, though. :)

Beautiful Mess said...

HA! Peaches and I do that ALL the time to Dirty! He takes it in stride and usually has some kind of come back for us.

I hope Gabe is feeling better and you can get some sleep.
*HUGS*