"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

As Gabe opines on potty training


Gabe's opinion on potty training

Seriously, what really happened was Gabe hurt himself. He was eating lunch and suddenly started saying he was hurt. I finally got him to calm down enough that I could ask him where he was hurt and the above picture was what I saw. Turns out, he accidentally bit his finger when he
eating his sandwich. After the potty training no go we had this morning, I needed the laugh so I took the picture.

However, while this may or may not be what Gabe thinks about potty training, it is what I want to do to the plumbing gods. Our dishwasher started leaking when we ran it, so we called a plumber. We were hoping the drainage hose had either partially come loose or had a hole in it. That would have been simple to fix. Unfortunately, the plumbers quickly ascertained that the pump was leaking when it drained the dishwasher. So, we are currently without a dishwasher. That's right no dishwasher in a house where I feed a pack of rabid boys on a daily basis. This sucks. But, since it only took a small fraction of the hour you have to pay the plumbers for, I also had them fix the valve on the water line to our ice maker. The valve was ancient and would not regulate the pressure causing the incoming line to separate from the fridge, thereby spewing water around the kitchen. The valve was easily replaced but, when they hooked up the line to the fridge, the frige would leak water. Obviously, the water and plumbing gods had it out for me yesterday. Grrrrrrrrr

Nothing else, I mean NOTHING, is allowed to go wrong with an appliance in this house. I forbid it.

18 comments:

Nina said...

Last year right after Thanksgiving, the sewer backed up into my house. I was without water completely for 3 days. Horrible. After an astronomical plumbing bill, I told everyone that their Christmas present was to come to my house and flush the toilet while I sang Jingle Bells. This year, everyone gets to hold a baby while I sing Away in a Manger. I'll even try to keep in tune.

..al said...

Poor boy!

Ugh, I hope the plumbing situation improves and the diswasher is returned to its pink health!

Barb said...

Dishwashers.. UUUUUUUUUGH

Anonymous said...

I guess you answered my question that I had for you over on my blog !!

Btw, I loved the flipped off pic!!

Dora said...

Hysterical picture!

Oh! Plumbing issues! And workers who charge by the hour even if it takes 10 minutes. I need to have a handyman come to do a couple of things. He's VERY good, and one job in particular MUST be done right, but first I need to put together a list so I can get an hour out of him.

Lynn said...

Hope Gabe's finger is better (although I could totally understand if that was his opinion on potty training)! Sorry the plumbing is giving you headaches. Hopefully things will improve soon!

Sandy said...

That picture is hilarious! You must save it for future blackmailing opportunities.

But I hope the finger and the plumbing get better. :)

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Funny Gabe pic! I hate water woes. They suck beyond sucktivity and I have had my share. I have had my share to where I could buy new furniture with the money I have spent :(

Aunt Becky said...

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing at that picture. I love it. And I want to be all sympathetic, but that picture.

Dude. Needed this today. After the night I had. Thank you.

JuliaS said...

LOL!

I feel your pain - no dishwasher here either since it became a home for cockroaches. :0(

I was able to fix my washing machine (myself I might add!) otherwise we would not survive.

I've had two indoor floods this year too.

Good luck potty training - we're there too. If you come across any good tricks - let me know!

(my word verification word is "wartnuck" LOL!)

Wishing 4 One said...

That picture is tooo funny. But poor Gabe. Hope the plumbing is cured soon. We have a down toliet now, the insides are not like the ones in the USA. We opened it up, and were like wtf is this? So we are waiting for plumber, we called him two days ago....

Carrie27 said...

I about spit my drink all over the computer. You need to post a warning next time ;)

PT is not fun, I don't even want to think about doing it all over again with the twins.

Time to start teaching the boys how to wash some dishes, huh? LOL!

AnotherDreamer said...

LOL, about the picture, and awww poor Gabe :(

Eek. Hope you get your dishwasher fixed asap!

Stephanie said...

LOL! This picture is funny when paired with your explanation.

Sorry to hear about the dishwasher dilemma. Hopefully it will improve soon.

Jaymee said...

that picture is just perfect!

so sorry about your pulmbing problems, they are the worst.

Barb said...

Yes. I loved this post. Kids are too damn funny. Thanks Kristin!

JJ said...

HAHA Mook and I just laughed out loud--great picture, Gabe =) Hope it goes well--AND his finger feels better=)

battynurse said...

Cute.
I agree on the appliances. My house in Wa has a washer that's going out and over the weekend the stove went tits up. Oh goody.