"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I am so DAMNED MAD...

My friend Michelle came through surgery fine but, when they released her from the hospital, she was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon. The bastard that attacked her decided to file charges against her for her hitting him with her car (self defense after he attacked her). And, to make matters worse, he broke her jaw and all they can charge him with is simple assault.. That is seriously fucked up!

8 comments:

MrsSpock said...

WHAT! I hope there are witnesses that can come to her defense. That is unbelievable!

Dora said...

OMFG!! Does she need a legal defense fund?

Kristin said...

I think she will be fine. It was all caught on video tape so I don't believe she will be convicted. However, it pisses me off beyond belief that the bastard that hurt her got lesser charges.

Pam Ringo said...

WTF!!?? I can NOT believe that he got LESS than she did and SHE went to the hospital!! I'm wishing now that she'd have backed up and ran over him again!!!

Cara said...

Um - what system are we working under? I don't profess to know the legal system..but that is fed up!

Tammy said...

OMG my freaking head is spinning! The way the legal system works, in your country or mine is just insane!

That poor girl! Keep us posted on how this unfolds.

K said...

As much as it sucks I am not surprised at all. Our system has some major flaws in it. I hope your friend is ok! And that creep better not find himself alone in a dark alley, a gang of pissed off bloggers could go vigilante on his ass...

Amanda said...

That is just crazy. She should have run him right over.