"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Calgon take me away...

I am feeling just a wee bit overwhelmed right now. I have sooooo much to do so I've avoiding it by posting here instead.

I have until Thursday night to get the house cleaned for the birthday party this weekend. We are having both Joey's and Gabe's party this weekend. Gabe isn't officially 3 until December 2nd but, with us having to schedule Joey's party so late, the only solution I could find was to celebrate them together.

On Friday, I have to get the last of the stuff to make 2 cakes. Yeah, I said two. Joey was more than amenable to sharing his party with Gabe but he requested a separate cake. Joey wants a Star Wars cake and Gabe wants a Clue (Blue's Clues) cake. I think I'm going to cheat a bit on Joey's cake and but some Star Wars figurines to top the cake with. At 2 pm, on Saturday I will have about 25 to 30 people at my house for the party (eeeek).

I also have to start preparing things for Thanksgiving. We are taking everything over to my MIL's house so she doesn't have to worry about it. My FIL was the one who used to do all the holiday cooking so we've taken that over this year. I still don't know how many people we are talking about because hubby dearest keeps forgetting to call his mom and find out how many of his siblings will be there.

I have multiple crafty projects that I am committed to doing (a few cross stitch RRs and a baby quilt) in addition to ones I want to do. One cousin is getting married in December and I just don't know if I can fit in the stitching project I want to do for her. And, her sister is having her first baby in May. At least I have time for that project. I just don't think there is any way to complete everything I want to complete.

And, of course, Christmas is practically around the corner. Somehow I have to find a way to finish/get everyone's present. The price of gas (until recently) stretched our budget to the max and didn't leave us room for much saving for Christmas presents. Most relatives will be getting picture DVDs. Its a nice, personalized but inexpensive present but to do it I have to comb through years of digital pictures...ugh.

Oh yeah...you also have to throw in my birthday in December and our anniversary on November 21st.

This isn't even counting our normal weekly activities (church on Sunday, TKD twice a week, cub scouts on Tuesday.

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I hear ya Kristin. I have to go away for 4 days to a conference and I'm getting nervous about having everything ready. At least I can do some Christmas shopping while I'm there.

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Girl I feel your pain!!!!

I have done most of my shopping on-line...

I am just glad that I don't have big kids yet to want a party!! The holidays are enough... it will start in a few years though I am sure!!!

Happy Birthday to Joey!!!

Hugs from my side of the NC,
Rebel

Beautiful Mess said...

Hey if Calgon takes you away, can I come too? Good luck with the parties, it'll all be FINE once your in the moment! Happy birth day to both your guys AND happy give birth day to YOU!
Enjoy your day
-D

MrsSpock said...

Whoa- that is a lot on your plate! Someone get this woman some Calgon!

Cara said...

Wow - I'm flashing back to my crazy list of "must do's" from a few weeks back.

It all gets done...somehow.

and _ HAVE FUN!

Lady Nunn said...

hi there - i just got your comment on my preemie project post, thank you so much for your help! you can email me at sara.nunn@gmail.com for my contact information and everything. :D :D

Tammy said...

I'm tired just looking at your list of things to be done.

Soralis said...

Wow that's quite a list! Good luck. I am sure glad Thanksgiving in Canada is in October. It's just way to close to Christmas in the US! :)

Take care

Vicki said...

Sounds as crazy as my house. Good luck getting everything done. The b'day party will be a blast I'm sure. And I don't blame Joey for wanting his own cake...you have to have your own cake for your b'day. ;)