"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

14 years ago, I married my best friend and soul mate. I still don't know how I got so lucky. Vic is my rock, my foundation, and, with him by my side, I can make it through anything.

Its funny but , if you had asked me back in high school who I would marry, I would have described someone both entirely like and entirely different from my husband. I would have described a man of intelligence, a man with a passion for his job, a man with a strong faith in both God and family. Vic is all those things and more. However, I also pictured myself married to someone with a high powered, white-collar career. I don't know why. I just did. Back then, I also pictured myself having some high powered career. Instead a found exactly what I wanted and needed in a man who has spent his career serving the public...first as a firefighter and now as a 911 director. I also found a man who was willing to work his ass off so I could stay home with our kids. I'm so immensely thankful I got him.

Vic is kind, funny, and very intelligent. He is a total smartass and has a quick wit (hehehe, one day I'll have to tell you about his Canadian conspiracy theory. You'll be rolling on the floor laughing before its over). He is also stubborn and maddening (but, then, what male isn't). There have been moments I have been totally pissed off at him and I'm know there have been times I have ticked him off completely but we have never, ever gone to bed mad at each other or help onto that anger for a ridiculous reason.

I married the man of my dreams and I hope we have at least another 50 yrs together.

19 comments:

Margaret said...

Happy Anniversary to two very special people. I'm honored to call you my friends.

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! ICLW!

Miriam Pauline said...

Happy Anniversary!

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Awwww Happy Aniversary!!

Here is to many more!!!!

Hugs!!

Malky B. said...

Happy Anniversary. Here's to many more happy years together.

Here from ICLW.

Cara said...

Happy Anniversary! (and many moooore)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Happy anniversary!

tripmom827 said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you have yourself a keeper there :)

ICLW

alicia said...

happy anniversary!!!

here from ICLW

Emma said...

Happy anniversary!

Lee said...

Happy Anniversary!

MrsSpock said...

Happy Anniversary! May there be many more years to come...

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope your day is as wonderful as you are!

K said...

Well heck I'm a day late (and a dollar short, ha!) but Happy Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Vicki said...

Happy Anniversary!

CreoleInDC said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 16 years makes me smile. I love that you guys are definite proof of longevity!

Stephanie, Phil, Kayla, Logan & Alex said...

Happy Anniversary!

CappyPrincess said...

Happy Anniversary, Kristen (and hubby!) I'm so glad for you both that you've found "the one".


iclw