"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Now comes the part I dread...

My hubby and I have really talked and we've decided we would like to try for one more baby. Vic would have been perfectly happy to just stick with the 3 we have but he understands that I truly feel there is suppose to be a 4th baby. Sooo, the game is afoot.

The next step is the part I dread the most. I have to find a new OB/GYN. That's right, I have lived here for over 2 yrs and still don't have a local doc. No, I didn't go that long without an exam. I just drove all the way back to Burlington and had my yearly exam at my old OB's office so I didn't have to go through trying to figure out which doc/office would be best. I think I was also avoiding having to explain my whole history to a new doctor. UGH...I could really do without that.

See, its not that doctors intimidate me. Just the contrary, I have no fear in advocating my course of treatment with a doctor (and I believe that's why we have Gabe). Its just that my last OB and his office staff were so wonderful that I fear I will be dissatisfied with whatever doc I pick. My old OB had actually been through infertility treatment with his wife so he had a clue what it was like. I didn't have to fight him for testing. I didn't have to fight him to get the prescriptions I needed. In fact, once we decided on a course of action, I left the office with the prescriptions for both progesterone and lovenox to be filled at the appropriate time. I want...no I expect the same treatment this time around and I am worried it may be hard to find.

I've got a list of 6 offices locally that my insurance covers. One office got eliminated before I even talked to them because ALL the reviews I found for them were horrible. There is one office I am leaning towards. I hope they are as good as their info indicates. It would be nice to get it right immediately.

Wish me luck.

6 comments:

K said...

Be sure to let us locals know who you're thinking about as we might have some firsthand knowledge. I've seen a few and it's about that time of year again. Bleh.

Margaret said...

Thinking about you as you find the right doctor!

Felicity said...

Go for it, if this is what you want. I always knew that I would have 4 children. Also, I met my mother-in-law when my husband was 25 years old. She was still talking about the No4 she didn't have (her childless couple friends had talked her out of it). Oh Oh another thing ...Be aware. My hubby's infertile cousin who needed IVF to fall pregnant decided not to use the last fertilized egg 'cos she didn't want any more children, and then she fell pregnant naturally. Her husband is as pleased as Punch! Beware No5. HAHA.

Beautiful Mess said...

Good luck! Finding the right doc is the first step! Stay strong to your wants and needs. Don't settle for anything but the best. I'm sure you know that already, but I felt the need to cheer in your corner, anyhow ;o) Have a great day!

Barb said...

Lots and lots and lots of luck. I know how hard and horrible it is. I've been through quite a few doctors myself, and some of them were quite awful.

As for my crafts.. knitting (especially the beautiful yarn part) is one of the things that makes me happiest. :)

SAHW said...

I'm (very belatedly) thanking you for dropping my blog via the Round-Up Extravaganza. I had the same challenge here - my gynecologist at home was so amazing and wonderful, that it would be hard for anyone to be quite as good as she was. Unfortunately my doctor here is a good doctor, but really not a very people person. I hope you find someone better. :)