"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My crazy life...

Life is never ever calm and quiet in my household. We have 3 boys, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and three fish...and none of them are quiet (except the fish). Anyone who has visited me or knows me can tell you I keep a close eye on my kids. Despite this, in less than 2 weeks, Gabe has almost broken my glasses, learned to climb the ladder to Marty's loft bed, opened a motrin bottle and attempted to eat one, stolen my flour container while I was cooking dinner and hid it, sprayed himself in the eyes with bug spray resulting in me having to forcibly flush out his eyes, and climbed onto a dresser 6 times. Joey has taught himself to spider walk after watching Ninja Warriors.

The cat thinks he needs to attack the fishing pole.


And yet, I seem to think I need to add more to my life. Yeah, I want to add a baby to all this craziness. I think I must be certifiable because I love my life.

2 comments:

K said...

I understand completely. Fought the SIF monster myself and now have FOUR boys! Mine are 17, 14, 10 and 15 months. See where that ol' SIF came in? Gah, it was hard.

And I totally used to do the wall climbing thing when I was in elementary school! Gosh that video brought back memories!

Ken's choice said...

Kristin my friend, go for it, If you can cope (OMG I couldn't I think.) I hope you'll find the right doctors !!

about your spiderman, I love it, he is clever, I'll have a go I think, easy to get the stinking spiders of the ceiling !!
I don't think it will be long before Gabe will have a go.
May God help you, you'll need it.

I know Gabe is 2 isn't he ? how old are Marty and Joey ?