"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, August 15, 2008

My next big crafty thing...a Bat Mitzvah present...

A dear friend of mine in Florida will be holding her daughter's Bat Mitzvah next month. A group of 10 of us joined together to help create this special gift for her daughter. I get the honor of assembling the quilt for this lovely young lady.

Here are the cross stitch squares that are going into the quilt...













And here is the first of the 12 motifs assembled...



I need to complete this in the next two weeks. All the squares are cut out. All the squares made from 2 triangles are sewn together. Do you think I can get it done?

5 comments:

Ken's choice said...

And what a beautiful job you do again Kris, I bet she will be soo pleased with it !!

Ken's choice said...

Thank you for the prayers for my friends,
Dikkie lost her Husband 10
years ago today on cancer , (there seems to be no other illnesses these days)
Dikkie and Alex (her, not living in, Boy friend) are the ones who will be visiting you next year, God willing !!

Margaret said...

The squares all turned out so well!!! I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Meari said...

That's beautiful!

Beautiful Mess said...

It is SO beautiful, she will, not doubt, love it for years to come! You can do it, I have faith! I'll be sendind you lots of good juju, anyway ;o)