"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, December 27, 2010

A Letter to Santa

As y'all know, poor Gabey was sick over Christmas. On Christmas eve, Joey did something for Gabe that helped him feel a little better. Despite having figured out the secret of Santa, Joey decided to foster the the wonder and spirit of the season in his little brother. Joey helped Gabe write a letter to Santa that they left on Christmas tree. This was what the letter said...
Dear Santa,

Hi Santa! Did you like the cookies we made you? We made them homemade and frosted them by ourselves! Make sure Rudolph gets the carrots and make sure he shares them with all the other reindeer. Thank you for the presents.

Love, Gabriel

written by Joey
Of course, Santa loved the letter and he wrote a letter back and left it on the tree for Gabriel. This is what the letter back said...
Dear Gabriel,

Thank you so much for the note. Not many kids remember to thank me for the presents and it really means a lot to me. The cookies were delicious and the reindeer enjoyed their treat too. I have to hurry and finish my travels tonight. I still have quite a few presents to deliver. But, by the time you read this note, I should be almost done delivering gifts for this year. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Ho Ho Ho

Love, Santa
Maybe this will become a yearly tradition. I thought it was such a sweet thing for Joey to think of and Gabe was so tickled to get a letter back from Santa.

8 comments:

Kakunaa said...

That is an awesome tradition! I LOVE it!

Tonya said...

How very sweet of him!

AnotherDreamer said...

Awww, very sweet :)

annie said...

Hey there - thanks for visiting my blog. So glad it made you laugh - I write to keep my sense of humor about all of this and help everyone do the same! Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas - I hope 2011 has even more of that in store for you!

AP
http://mydustyuterus.blogspot.com

Meari said...

Aww... how sweet

Dora said...

Awwww! What a sweet big brother. Makes ne feel warm and fuzzy. Love to you all from us!

Lynn said...

That is about the sweetest darn thing I've heard in a long time! I love that your boys are so sweet to each other (most of the time :D). It shows they have really great parents!

Quiet Dreams said...

Your kids are soooo sweet!