"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Cruz Christmas

I just realized that I haven't shown you pictures of my tree or any of the other fun holiday pictures I've taken. All these pics are clickable and will open in another window. I am thrilled with the way our tree turned out. It may not be a designer tree but each and every ornament on there means something to us.
Santa Gabe
Santa Gabe, Santa Joey, and Butterball
Santa Marty places the angel
Santa Grinch and the Christmas balloon
Our tree in all its glory
our angel
our angel all lit up

Butterball couldn't resist the tree
Do you have any pictures you would like to share? Leave a link, I'd love to check them out.

10 comments:

Kakunaa said...

These are my favorite kind of trees, and what I grew up with. A complete mish-mash of ornaments, all with a story. I think they are particularly beautiful because the tree is a timeline, a story, lives all pulled together, just like the family that decorates it.

And Santa Grinch is awesome :) It would make a great Christmas card, LOL.

..al said...

Loved it!

If it means something valuable and makes everybody very happy, it need not be designer!

Happy Holidays!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Okay, Santa Grinch is my favorite!! I love how the tree came out. You all did a wonderful job :)

AnotherDreamer said...

It looks very beautiful. Loved the Grinch and kitty in the tree.

Jen said...

it all looks great...love the grinch lol

Kir said...

Oh I love your tree...it reminds me of the tree I grew up with too...all those wonderful ornaments with all their "stories"...how wonderful.

THe pics of our tree are on FB..

MERRY CHRISTMAS my friend. May yours be Merry & Bright!

battynurse said...

I love the kitten in the tree. How funny is that.
Santa Grinch is also pretty cool.
My tree tends to be a very eclectic collection of ornaments of acquired here and there and as gifts etc and like yours, mine all have some story that goes with it.

MoonNStarMommy said...

HA HA HA ......... I have to say, we have the same angel! Seriously!! I'm pretty sure it's the same one. We had a cat once that wouldn't stay out of the tree. I found it hilarious. Great photos!!

Happy ICLW from #37 and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Ken's choice said...

Hi Kristin, you do have a lot of Santa's at your house,
nice tree, that's the type we've had in England, here they're all in one color,
but I like yours better.
how did you fasten the kitten to the branch ? with a big hook ?
I've started Blogging again from today.
love to all,
Henny

Barb said...

Your husband is adorable! We do the same for our tree. Merry Christmas!