"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, June 06, 2010

What Crocheting and Knitting mean to me...

Back in January, Lion Brand Yarn posted a question on their blog asking How Knitting and Crocheting Make Us Better. They complied some of the answers into a short video...

My crafting was one thing that help me keep my sanity when I was dealing with infertility. Crafting has also let me express my artistic nature in a way that can be shared with others. Now, slowly, I am teaching my sons to crochet and I'm passing that ability to create joy and beauty on to another generation.

3 comments:

Nic said...

Am learning to crochet! I am trying to teach myself. I find it helps to keep my mind and hands occupied during my IF and wait for IVF. Any tips or patterns will be greatly recieved!
Nic

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Kristin you always impress me with your craftiness. I used to be crafty and then I fell off the wagon once I had William.

Wishing 4 One said...

As you may remember me mentioning before, I am so envious in a good way of your craftiness my friend. I can barely sew a button, thats the extent of my craftiness. I think its amazing that you are teaching your boys too awesome.