"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, June 27, 2010

How to freak out your 13 yr old

One of the sublime delights of being a parent is totally screwing with your 13 yr old's mind. I've been teasing him for a while...telling him I was going to dye my hair purple to celebrate being 40 and he kept telling me he wouldn't be seen in public with me like that (and that's suppose to be a deterrent?). I managed to achieve the delightful level of total 13 yr old freak out on Friday. It was made even more enjoyable by the fact that he wasn't upset or mad. In fact, he was glad to see me. He was just totally weirded out by me. All I had to do in order to have this sublime experience was dye my hair. I went from this...
to this...



My hair didn't take the dye evenly but I still really like it. I may go after a completely purple color next time.

15 comments:

..Soo.See.. said...

You totally rock Kristen!! Love it!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm so gonna remember this technique. Purple may be calling my name, also. Maybe for BlogHer?

battynurse said...

How funny.

Sandy said...

LOVE IT! FAAAAAABulous! Truly, you are my hero.

Quiet Dreams said...

Like I told you already, I love it, especially how it looks with your curls. (But then, I may be just jealous of your curls!)

Jen said...

It looks great on you. I love how it didn't take on all your hair

Anonymous said...

Hehehe I love it, used to dye my hair purple ..I've always chickened out of doing it again WTG :-)

tanyetta said...

that's right keep them guessing and to realize age ain't nuthin but a numba :)

Jessica White said...

Very cool! I'm surprised your kid wouldn't want to be seen in public with you, most kids I know would think that was awesome lol

ICLW

Barb said...

Cool! Don't take this the wrong way, but it reminds me of that pretty kettle dyed yarn.. the expensive wonderful stuff.

Kir said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! It looks amazing. You do totally rock!!

sara said...

Oh my goodness! You are completely awesome! I love how it looks with your curls. You totally pull that off. I think though when Christmas comes around you should go green. Whatcha think?

Mrs. Gamgee said...

You look mahvalous dahling! Absolutely mahvalous!

Tammy said...

WOW! I am much too chicken to ever do something like this. Have fun with it!

Meari said...

You are one adventurous gal