"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So that's the explanation...

Cecily of Uppercase Woman had a post titled Bad Case of Summer Brain yesterday and gawd did I identify with that first paragraph. She said "I think my brain has decided that it's summer time and has checked out." That explains what's happened on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We've had all kinds of things going on...fun times at the pool, great food being cooked, ridiculous kid stories...but somehow, I couldn't manage to put word on computer screen. Well, I finally decided to get off ass and post something. Sadly, it won't be an intellectually stimulating or particularly humorous post. I'm just gonna share my crafty stuff with you.
The rainbow blanket needs to go in the mail ASAP.

I have no clue what I'm going
to do with this pink blanket.



Isn't this the cutest elephant ever?

11 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Y'know - that quote from Cecily has pretty much defined the past few months for me. I'm FORCING myself to get up off my duff and get back to being 100% INVOLVED the way I used to be. I think I've given myself enough of a time out. ;)

That elephant is ADORABLE! Love it!

AnotherDreamer said...

Aww, adorable elephant :) And the blankets are nice.

Summer brain... I like it.

..Soo.See.. said...

That little elephant is too freakin' cute! :) Summer-brain might go all the way to summer-body too, eh?? I feel that way sometimes.. ;)

Kir said...

I had NO idea you were soooooo crafty.

I LOVE That elephant...OMG, just love him.

and I have Summer brain and mommy brain and NO BRAINS lately...but at least it's a reason.

:)

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Cute stuff!! I am most in love with the pink blankey :)

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Cute stuff!! I am most in love with the pink blankey :)

Nina said...

I love the elephant! You know Fletcher's favorite animals are elephants. I'll have to bum a pattern off you!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I'm right there with you. I really want to get to posting, reading, and commenting the way I used to.

All of those items are lovely, but I love love love the elephant!

battynurse said...

Those are all very nice. The elephant is adorable.

Quiet Dreams said...

Aw, man, that elephant is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! Every time I see your "stuff" I am more and more impressed with you.

Arlette said...

I've got summer brain too. I really do "check-out" during the summer months. It must be the heat or something.
Your crochet projects are all beautiful. Since you asked for suggestions...maybe you could have yourself a new little baby girl to match that sweet pink blanket. I'm just sayin'. rofl