"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, April 30, 2012

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Zip-A-Dee-A
My oh my what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headed my way
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Zip-A-Dee-A

Mister blue birds on my shoulder
It's the truth
It's actual
Everything is satisfactual

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Zip-A-Dee-A
Wonderful feeling
Wonderful Day

from Disney's Song of the South

by dumbledad
When I started the A to Z Challenge, we were still in the throes of Marty's never ending migraine. I was miserable watching my son suffer. Marty was miserable because he was in pain and his intense sensitivity to light and sound meant he couldn't do anything.

But, today, as I wrap up the A to Z Challenge, we're not in that miserable place. It's more of a zip-a-dee-doo-dah day. Marty is better. Marty is back to his normal self and I couldn't be more happy about it. The noise level in my house has gone way up and it truly is music to my ears. Now, I'll be honest and say I probably won't be feeling the same way about the noise in another month but right now I love it.

Yesterday, for the first time since the night of February 26th, Marty went back to his normal activities. He spent 3 hours at church with the kids from the youth group that will be going to the national Lutheran Youth Gathering in New Orleans this summer. They went out and walked, had dinner together, and did all kinds of trust building/team building activities. He came back exhausted but who wouldn't be after almost 2 months of no activity. And, today is a beautiful day. The sun is shining and all my kids are healthy. Today, Marty and I went to see The Hunger Games. I'm not sure what I loved more...the movie or the fact that my son was able to see it with me. Today, I am truly happy and loving life.


How is your day going? What have you been up to today?