"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Prayers: answered

My prayers have been answered and I have so many of you to thank. Marty is almost better...really! Within this last week, we've seen phenomenal improvement. Really bright lights still bother him a bit and super loud or sharp noises still hurt but he's on the mend.

I can't even begin to express how relieved Vic and I are at this moment. I really almost cried when he said "I think in another few days I'll be fine." Part of me was terrified that, once again, a loved one of mine would fall onto the wrong side of the medical odds. Part of me was truly terrified Marty's migraine would become one of these horror stories that went on for years and years. But, all I could do was keep on hoping...keep on praying...and those prayers were answered.

It's kind of funny but Marty has himself completely convinced that the only reason he is doing better is that we've had a break from the horrid weather fronts rolling through on a daily basis. I am sure that has helped but I also believe the prayers, the chiropractic care, the vitamins, and the meds have helped. However, I don't really care what he attributes his improvement to as long as he keeps getting better.

I can't even begin to express how much I appreciate all the support y'all have given us through this. The prayers, the ideas, the love...that's what's carried us through all this. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you with a few special shout outs...to Julia Crane, thank you for the k12 recommendation. He'll be finishing up his freshman year through them this summer & to Dora, thank you for the magnesium info. He's been on a mega dose of magnesium and that corresponds with when he started improving.