"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, April 20, 2012

Randomosity

Okay, okay, I guess my question post wasn't the most popular post. I'm leaving open the offer to answer any questions you want to ask me. Feel free to be serious or ridiculous...either works for me. Now, on to my random thoughts...
  • I'm in a bit of a brain dead space. Marty's starting to feel better. The younger two are at the beach with my parents. Me, I'm just relaxing. It feels kind of good not to have the weight of my world on my shoulders.
  • The little blue men from The Twilight Zone have finally taken pity on me and my camera has reappeared. It was in the bottom of a bag I checked multiple times. I refuse to believe my brain has been so addled by what's been going on that I missed it that many times.
  • I got an idea the other day for a series of t-shirts. It all stemmed from my husband's comment that we should celebrate Easter by watching zombie movies...after all, Jesus raised from the dead after about three days and that is about the time it takes for zombies to raise from the grave. The t-shirts are funny as hell but I know there are loved ones they will horrify.
  • I'm totally kicking butt on my yearly reading challenge and I credit having a Nook for that. It makes it so easy to take my book anywhere with me. 
  • I've read 49 full length books and 7 half books (50 pages or less) since January 1st.
  • I love the role Jamie Lee Curtis is currently playing on NCIS. She is the perfect, classy foil to Mark Harmon's Gibbs.
  • I just found out that my dear friend, Rachel Simon was at Duke University writing her book Magic Touch at the exact same time I was attending school there. Very cool!