"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just Because


I am so tired and can't really figure out what to write so these snippets are things I want to share JUST BECAUSE.
  •  Have you heard that old saying that someone got vaccinated with a phonograph needle? That old saying was used when someone talked a lot. Well, Gabe has been vaccinated by that needle. OMG, that kid can talk more than anyone else I know. The other weekend, he talked all the way from Cary to Charlotte...the entire 3 hours. Add in the fact that he has reentered the why stage...well, it's been enough to drive me up the wall. There have been many times when it's been all I could do to keep from asking if he could just shut up for a minute. I seriously love the kid's inquisitive mind but I have much less patience that I normally have (all the shit going on with Marty has got me wound tight) and the consta-questions are driving me insane. It makes me feel like not such a good mom.
  • We had a bit of good news with our electronics. The kids' desktop computer is back up and running. That means that we are back up to a three computer household. Our two desktops and my laptop are all running...wooohooooo.
  • There is one downside to the good electronics news. I have come to the firm conclusion that in order to maintain the balance in the electronics universe, I am only allowed to have a certain number of electronic devices in my possession. See, my big, lovely, fabulous new camera...it disappeared somewhere in my house, specifically my living room, and it disappeared 2 days before I found my long lost iPod. How in the hell I can lose something that big is beyond me. Sigh...at least I know it's in my house. I blame the little blue men.
  • My parents totally rock. They were here for Easter and my dad noticed that the recent chaos of our life had prevented me from mowing the lawn. So, my dad came up yesterday and cut my grass...one less thing on my to do list.
Is there anything you want to share JUST BECAUSE?