"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream

Y'all, there is a very, very sad thing going on in my kitchen. I have a gorgeous, beautiful ice cream maker. I've had it for over a year. It still hasn't been used. This is sad. No, it's beyond sad. It is tragic. I really think I need to fix this sometime soon. Now, I just need to figure out what recipe to make.

One of my favorite ice creams in the whole world was made by Godiva back before they broke my heart and stopped making ice cream. This decadent, divine indulgence was known as Godiva Chocolate Raspberry Truffle ice cream. I've missed it enough that I'm toying with trying
to recreate it. All it would take is a kick ass chocolate ice cream recipe, some truffles chopped up to mix in, and some raspberries and raspberry syrup. Seriously, what is better than raspberry and chocolate?

My other option for breaking in my ice cream maker is a recipe developed by the lovely Susan over at She's Becoming Doughmesstic, Caramelized Peach and Ginger Cream Cheese Caramel Swirl Ice Cream. Susan first
introduced this recipe back in July of '09 and just recently posted it again to celebrate the release of the frozen dessert cookbook. There are two big benefits I can see to this option...1) I'd have a recipe to follow and 2) if I'm really lucky, the name will scare my kids off and that means more for me.


Which flavor would you pick for me to make first or do you have another suggestion entirely?