"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, April 28, 2012

You Never Know

by takomabibelot
If you told me 10 years ago that I would be able to connect to the internet on a device smaller than my hand (thinner too), I would have told you that you were crazy. But, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm here in BarnesAndNoble on my iPod touch and I'm blogging. It is beyond cool.

Technology has moved so quickly that it makes me wonder what's coming next. When Vic and I bought our first computer back in 1996, the sales man at Sears was exclaiming over how big the hard drive was..."It has 1gig of storage space. You'll never need more than that." Now, I can get that much storage space on a micro sd card that is smaller than my fingernail.

Technology has let me make friends, dear friends, with people who live so far away that I might never meet them. Technology helped me find the solution to my infertility trials. Technology even allowed my family to reconnect with the surviving member of my Grandpa's flight crew from WW II and the families of the ones who passed on.

I am in awe of how far we've come and can't help but wonder how far we'll advance in the next 15 years.


What are some of the things that surprise you about life today and what do you think the future will bring us?