"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, April 06, 2012

Frustrated, Frazzled, Flustered...











rustrated, frazzled, flustered, fraying at t he edges...all those words describe me right now. I recently had to wipe the hard drive on my beloved laptop and reload EVERYTHING from the operating system on up. She had been working fabulously (another f word). In fact, she was running better than she had since I inherited her from my mom. I was so happy with my laptop. I am not so happy now.

Being good, responsible computer owners, we always make sure to run regular windows updates and we always inoculate our 'puters against the latest viruses. When I went to bed last night, the laptop lovely was running beautifully. Then, my husband got home and downloaded the windows updates and updated the virus protection and, for some reason, this pissed off Madame Laptop. She pitched a bitch fit this morning and was having a myriad of issues from not letting me click on the Facebook like button to not loading all the pictures on my blog to refusing to load the post editor properly.

We tried everything including going back to a restore point from earlier this week. Nothing worked. It makes no sense whatsoever that a simple windows update would fuck my computer up so horribly but that's what happened. At this point, the only solution is to wipe her once again.

Maybe the fact that another piece of electronic equipment is giving me such a hard time means that my camera is going to come out of hiding...surely that's not too much to ask!

What F word (heheheheheh, I said F word), describes your mindset today?