"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Welcome to the Casa de Plague

I'm sick. Vic is sick. Gabe puked again this morning. I am damned sick and tired of being sick. I have learned one very important lesson...never ever buy Theraflu Flu & Chest Congestion. Normally, we buy the generic version of theraflu from either CVS or Wally World. It works well and tastes kind of like hot lemonade.  But, the upper respiratory plague has been going around Cary and the stores were both sold out of their generic theraflu. I figured the brand version couldn't be much worse but, oh man was I wrong. Theraflu Flu & Chest Congestion tastes like it was brewed from the ass end of a goat.  It was so foul that I couldn't even finish a dose of it.  I would have puked if I finished it. Whatever you do, DO NOT ingest this. Even if someone promised me we would all miraculously be healthy tomorrow, I could not force myself to take a dose.

On a more positive note, I am going to be introducing a brand new blog award with two of my favorite bloggers. Not only will there be bling to post on your blog but there will be a piece of bling you can hang from a necklace for whoever wins the award. Tentatively, the award will be given every three months..maybe more often.  We will have to see.  Look back here for the name of the new award and a picture of the bling that goes with it in the next few days.  We will probably be awarding the first award early next week.

So, anything you want to share with us?

10 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

Sorry you all are sick, feel better soon :(

I never really tried Theraflu, maybe once a long time ago... didn't like it either. I know I've already downed a bottle and a half of Robitussin this past week. I'm hoping I'm almost out of the woods. Still not feeling a whole lot better though.

battynurse said...

I always did like the regular theraflu. Sorry this one is so nasty. I hope you all feel better soon though.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Crap, sorry y'all are sick :(
Theraflu does have ass-like qualities about its taste for sure! I hope you all feel better soon! *sending virtual chicken soup*

Alana said...

Catching up...

--Dildo decorating followed by a jeweled toilet. Made me giggle. :)

--Boys who appreciate you and your husband and the wonderful parents you are, SO sweet. (And YAY for a wonderful Christmas!)

--SO sorry you have a household full of bleck right now. Hope you all feel better soon!

Quiet Dreams said...

Good health vibes are going your way (though what with my recent luck, not so sure that my good health vibes are worth much).

JJ said...

Hoping the crud leaves your house soon--weve got it here too. YUCK!

Meari said...

Ewww.. I hope you all feel better soon.

Dora said...

You caught our plague? All the way from NYC? That is one fierce superbug. Sorry you all have the sick. Hope everyone feels better soon.

It's been years since I've taken theraflu. I can't remember which one I used to take, but I usually added honey to make it more palatable.

Lynn said...

Oh no! Sorry you're feeling sick! I hope you all feel better soon. It really sucks being sick :(

I will definitely make a note to never buy Theraflu. If it's that bad, I really don't need it when I'm already feeling like shite!

Feel better!

Kakunaa said...

Brewed from the ass end of a goat...LOL. So, so true.

I hope you all feel better very, very soon!