Hey Y'all! Welcome to my Lair and a little thing Mel likes to call ICLW. If you don't know what ICLW is, what rock have you been hiding under? Seriously, just joking there. If you want to know more about ICLW, click on that little light blue rectangle with the cute puppy dog on it. If you are new around here, feel free to poke around and click on links. I think I've hidden the bodies well enough not to scare anyone away.
I thought I'd kick off ICLW with a most excellent meme I've found. So, welcome to The Art Band version of Rock 'n Roll Fridays. This week's questions are all based on lyrics from songs by art bands.
1. YES … AND YOU AND I : “Coins and crosses never know their fruitless worth..”
What inanimate object do you cherish? My wedding ring and my kids' baby pictures.
2. MOODY BLUES … MELANCHOLY MAN : “Another man is what you'll see, Who looks like you and looks like me, And yet somehow he will not feel the same, His life caught up in misery, he doesn't think like you and me…”
When have you felt like an outcast? In middle school. That was a seriously miserable time for me.
3. EMERSON LAKE & PALMER … THE ENDLESS ENIGMA : “I've seen paupers as kings
Puppets on strings, Dance for the children who stare. You must have seen them everywhere”
How did you entertain a young child recently? Gabe is only 5. He counts as young, right? Gabe and I played Uno Attacks about a million times the other day..
4. KING CRIMSON … THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING : “The purple piper plays his tune,
The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king…”
Who is your favorite instrumental group or player? I like Yanni and I like music from things like Arthur Feidler and the Boston Pops.
5. PINK FLOYD … US AND THEM : “I've got things on my mind, for want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died…”
Do you give money to beggars? Sometimes...I kind of base whether I give or not on my instinctual reaction to the situation and person.
6. DAVID BOWIE … SPACE ODDITY : “Ground control to Major Tom, Your circuits dead, there's something wrong, Can you hear me, Major Tom?”
Who were you speaking with the last time you had a dropped the call? I was talking to my mom and she drove into a dead zone.
7. ROXY MUSIC … OH YEAH : “Day and night drifting into love, Driving you home from a movie show, So in tune to the sounds in my car…”
Do you have a special romantic song you love to listen to in the car? I love to listen to Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd. It was the song for our first dance.
8. VELVET UNDERGROUND … FEMME FATALE : “See the way she walks, Hear the way she talks, You're put down in her book, You're number 37, have a look…”
Have you dated a lot of people? (More than 10) Nope
9. THE NICE … COUNTRY PIE : “Listen to the fiddler play, When he's playin' 'til the break of day, Oh me, oh my, Love that country pie.”
What is your favorite kind of pie? I absolutely LOVE Caramel Apple Crunch Pie.
10. FRANK ZAPPA … DON’T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW : “And the northern lights commenced to glow, And she said, with a tear in her eye, Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow…”
Have you ever eaten snow? Yes, but never the yellow stuff...LOL.
11. GENESIS …THROWING IT ALL AWAY : “When there's nothing that I can say -
we're throwing it all away…”
What was the last thing you threw away? The sweetener packets from my morning coffee.
12. KATE BUSH …THE DREAMING : “Many an aborigine’s mistaken for a tree, see the light ram through the gaps in the land. You near him on the motorway and the tree began to breathe…”
Have you ever accidentally killed or injured an animal with your car? Sadly, yes. About a week after I got my license, a little dog ran out into the road. I had a choice between putting my car in the ditch and potentially injuring myself badly or hitting the dog. I did NOT go into the ditch and then I sat and sobbed about it for a while.
13. JETHRO TULL … LOCOMOTIVE BREATH : “In the shuffling madness Of the locomotive breath, Runs the all time loser, Headlong to his death…”
Have you ever been in a dangerous situation where you could have been hurt or killed? Yeah, I use to be a paramedic and there were some calls I went on that were potentially dangerous. I also shared an apartment with a future murderer (he was my aparment mate's boyfriend).
Keeping with the theme of questions and answers, I'm going to open the floor to y'all. Ask anything you want...and I do mean anything. The only cautionary word I'll give you is don't ask if you don't want to know because I will answer anything.
Happy ICLW y'all!