"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Too Late Good-Bye

I woke up this morning to find this post on Wiseguy's blog.

I am a Bloody Fool

Lola had a cardiac arrest on Jan 16, 2011 which she did not survive. I was kept in the dark. 

I can't even begin to express my sorrow, how fucking lost and empty I'm sure she feels and how helpless I feel at not even being able to be there to comfort my friend. Wiseguy, I love you and I am praying for you.

And, too all of you who have already been by there to offer your love and support, THANK YOU.

9 comments:

SY said...

Wow, sorry for your loss.
You are in my prayers
- Sy

JW Moxie said...

Kristin, I'm devastated. Do you know how it came to be that a few days went by before WiseGuy knew that Lola had passed? That just seems so much more...insulting, for lack of a better word. I'm just heartbroken. :(

Kristin (kekis) said...

I am heartbroken for her and feel just sick to hear that Lola is gone and how that has torn her apart. Wish there was more we could do . . .

Delenn said...

Man oh man. Fucking unfair!!! I am thinking of her and her Lola.

Beautiful Mess said...

The first words out of my mouth were "NOOOO" I can't even believe this! I agree with Kym, its insulting that they didn't tell her! I really want to go kick someone's ass.

Thank you for passing along all the info, hon.
*HUGS*

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I know it goes without saying, but if you are in contact with WiseGuy, please let her know how much we love her and are hurting for her.

This f*cking sucks.

MrsSpock said...

Benn thinking about them all day...

Dora said...

I just saw her post. I'm in shock. Devastating. I cannot imagine the logic behind keeping her in the dark. She deserved a chance to say goodbye to her daughter.

Alana said...

I went a little while ago, after seeing the link on Mrs. Gamgee's blog. SO tragic.

I'm with you and the others----the decision to keep WiseGuy in the dark makes matters even more difficult to comprehend.