"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Doctor or Serial Killer...you decide

Rarely do I read something that shocks me so much that I am temporarily at a lost for word...that all I can do is shake my head and almost babble when someone asks me what's wrong...but I read something like that today. Kakunna over at Spermination Station posted about the so-called abortion mill that was finally shut down in Philly. I followed her link to the abortion mill article on Yahoo News and was stunned, shocked, and thoroughly disgusted by what I read.

Now y'all who are long time readers know I am *staunchly pro-choice but this situation in Philly goes beyond anything a pro-choicer can or will support. Due to a complete failure by the state oversight board, the abortion clinic operated by Dr. Kermit Gosnell has been running with no nurses and not a single certified OB-GYN on staff since 1989. It has been documented that Dr. Gosnell has allowed a 15 yr old high school student to administer anesthesia. He has also allowed his wife who is a cosmetologist to perform late term abortions.  But, far more egregious than even these atrocities are the (at least) 7 cases where Dr. Gosnell sedated a woman to perform an abortion, induced labor, delivered a live baby, and then killed it with a pair of scissors to the back of the neck. Gosnell is being charged in those 7 cases with murder but **"His staff testified about "scores of gruesome killings" of infants born alive. "These killings became so routine that no one could put an exact number on them," the grand jury report said."

My heart breaks for those babies born alive and fighting.  My heart also breaks for the women who went there, thinking they were going to a reputable clinic.The evil bastardGosnell actually kept baby body parts around.  As far as I'm concerned, he wasn't a doctor but Gosnell was a serial murderer of the worst kind. After reading the article and doing a little googling about this myself, I can only come to one conclusion. Dr Gosnell is an evil, twisted bastard who deserves to rot in hell...or maybe he should be drawn and quartered...or strung up with a bunch of angry birds so he could be pecked to death...  Oh dammit, I just can't come up with any punishment sufficiently vile for that evil bastard.

*I am pro-choice.
**quoted from the Yahoo News article

16 comments:

Kristina said...

Absolutely horrifying that a "doctor" was allowed to get away with such barbaric treatment of women and unborn children. I too am "pro-choice" but think this man deserves the same fate as the live babies he slaughtered.

Kir said...

OMG, and practically in our backyard...I will have nightmares about taht article.

Pro choice isn't even the issue here...he's an evil *human* being. (using 'human" generously.)

AnotherDreamer said...

I agree with you. I was horrified when I read that article yesterday :(

Krystal said...

He's a horrible excuse for a human being, who in all honestly deserves to be the same way he killed those infants. They were induced in the 7+ months, born alive and kicking and murdered. He's a serial killer. I'm even saddened that people pregnant allowed him to do such a thing. This isn't an issue of pro-choice, this is murder.

Christa said...

I too am pro-choice, to a certain extent. There are abortion laws that must be followed. I agree that what this guy did was barbaric, no question about that. But these women were going in for late-term ILLEGAL abortions. In my eyes, they are just as guilty for murdering their children who were clearly capable of survival. Will they ever be held accountable? Doubtful. It's like only arresting the drug dealer and not the drug user. Did these women seriously think they would get a reputable doctor to perform their illegal abortion in a nice sanitized hospital? Uneducated or not, they had to know that what they were doing was wrong.

battynurse said...

Yikes, this is just appalling. How horrible. I hope the whole group of them get tossed in jail for a really long time.

Kakunaa said...

A point to make here, in defense of SOME of the women who went there, is that they really didn't know how far along they were - young, uneducated Philly teens were many of them, who were told they were mid-term, and legal. I'm still cringing. Sigh.

Alana said...

Totally appalled and had not heard of this situation. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm with you, I'm a pro-choicer, but this guy crossed WAY too many lines to be considered a legitimate doctor in any form.

MrsSpock said...

Holy crap!!!! What a psycho!

areyoukiddingme said...

That is horrifying. I can't believe there is so little regulation/inspection going on either.

Suzanne said...

This has aways been a form of abortion I have never ever been able to wrap my brain around. It is amazing to me how this doctor can get up every day and hold a child- most always perfect of health- in their arms almost fully deliver the baby and then kill it.. the evil in this world does not shock me anymore.. but this one still hurts every time I hear about it.

Dora said...

Horrifying! I simply can't click on those links.

Anonymous said...

OMG that is unbelievable! Apart from what I'm assuming is a terrible trauma that the women who have met this psycho have gone through, what really makes me mad is that this kind of story perpetuates the crazy pro-lifers' misguided and violent opinions, that lead to things like the murder of Dr. Tiller (I'm not saying all pro-lifers are crazy - just the ones that insight violence). Either way - Urgh!

stitchersanon said...

I saw it on the UK news. That is not being a doctor: that is murder. I am pro choice but the laws and dates are put there for a reason. Horrific, torturous and well, words just do not go far enough do they. A million women would have taken those babies in: loved them, cared for them. I have three but in those circumstances, if you are feeding three you can feed four, five or as many as you need to. Heartbreaking.

T said...

That is just alful!!
Visiting from ILCW

Andi said...

By the same logic that this man was using....one would think that they could come back later with a child they had taken care of for a while and do the same thing. I wonder how much worse this situation would have gotten if it had not been discovered now (after YEARS).