"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ummmm, intersting is a kind way to describe it.

Today was one of those days. Not a bad day but not too fabulous either. The only real saving grace was the gorgeous weather. 70 glorious degrees in January is an amazing thing.

The day started with Joey having a melt down of apocalyptic proportions. "Can't we skip church today? I just want to relax this morning. But, MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM,..." commence crying and fussing and everything else. Then, while the kids were in Sunday school, I was sitting in the coffee house/cafe we have at church talking to some friends. When their little one dropped something, I bent over to pick it up and heard something go craaack. It sounded a little like a branch breaking. Luckily, the noise wasn't coming from me. Unluckily, the sound came from the underwire in my bra. The damned underwire in my favorite bra snapped in half. What the fuck?!?!?!?!?!? Guess that's one more thing I need to buy when the tax return comes in.

Then, this evening, I walked into the living room after putting Joey and Gabe to bed and it felt like I'd time warped back to the 80s. Vic and Marty were watching the truly awful Mega Python vs. Gateroid starring none other than Tiffany and Debbie Deborah Gibson. Vic reports there was even a full fledged Tiffany vs. Deborah cat fight mid way through the movie. I think I must make Vic pay and pay big for putting this movie on while I was home and awake. Any suggestions? I tried to read my book but I honestly couldn't stand being in the room while the movie ran. So, I went and took a shower and shaved my legs instead. That's it...that is this movie's redeeming quality (although Vic might argue the redeeming quality was getting to watch Tiffany's boobs come perilously close to bouncing out of her ranger outfit). This movie was so bad it made me go shave my legs. What?!?!?!?!? Don't tell me you shave your legs all the time in the winter.  Hell, pants cover a multitude of sins including hairy legs.

All in all, not a bad day but definitely not a good day...just interesting.

So y'all, what is the absolute WORST movie you have ever been exposed to?

9 comments:

Big Mama T said...

I call days like that limbo days, not great, not awful, lol.
And my hubs puts Flash Gordon on the TV every single time it's on cable. Every. Single. Time. And it is awful. Not even in the 'so bad it's good' way, just painfully awful...

Beautiful Mess said...

AHAHAH Zilla and I watched that movie today too and it was HORRIBLE! The graphics and the bad acting...GOODNESS!

I'm sorry you had kind of a blah day. But at least you have smooth soft legs! You can make Vic watch a chick flick with you.
*HUGS*

Lynn said...

I think the worst thing that can happen when a day starts like that is for the underwire in your bra to break. It never fails - I'm having a shoddy day, there goes the underwire!

Oh, dear. That movie sounds dreadful. The Hubs watches some really, really terrible films. Because they're really terrible, no less! I can't even begin to name them all.

Oh, and I am also an uh-uh-it's-winter shaver ;P

Kir said...

can we still be friends if I tell you that I shave my legs (and various other parts ..LOL) every single day, I can't stand to have hair on me...ugh

the worst movie, when I accidentally stopped on "SNAKES ON A PLANE" or "KILL BILL" I hate violence and when I see it I get jittery...and snakes, HATE...HATE..HATE..Snakes. Can't be in the same room with them on TV (Harry Potter very bad for me when I knew snake would be on...very bad )

but I know those limbo days, I had one on Sat, I had so much planned in my head, we never left the house. Ehhhh...

HUGS

Anonymous said...

"Lady in the Water" It was so bad I actually laughed my a$$ off in the middle of a crowded theater.

Nina said...

It's a toss-up between Superbad, and any of the SAW movies. Who thinks of this stuff? I'll tell you who: Men with too little to do. They need wives. "Forceful" ones. Anyway, about the leg-shaving thing: Hay-ell no! If I have to wear a dress (like MAYBE for church) I'll jump in the tub that morning. Otherwise, yeah, I turn into a porcupine. A mean one ;)

battynurse said...

Ok so I'm jealous of the 70 degrees. It hasn't warmed up much here yet. I had in the past so many horrible movies I don't remember most of the titles. One I do remember was Death to Smoochie. It was truly awful.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I'm so jealous of the weather it's not even funny! It's ridiculously cold here... which is the excuse I use for not shaving in the winter... it's my way of keeping the heating bills lower! :)

Worst movie? I've watched some pretty terrible ones over the years, but I think the worst are some of the made for tv chick flicks that I've sat through on quiet Sunday afternoons (in an effort to avoid watching hockey or curling).

Kakunaa said...

Days like that are just dissatisfying. Like, it could be worse, but everything is an annoyance. Sorry :(

Ummm, yeah, shaving, LOL. Hahahaha.

Hmmm, worst movie I have ever been subjected to? Oh, dear. I've had a lot of male roommates who watch any manner of shitty flicks. I fairly despise any Leprechaun movies. I actually PAID to see "The Cable Guy" and "Death Takes a Holiday" (the Brad Pitt one) - and could not believe it. HORRIBLE! Grrr.