"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Cacophony

It's 1:45 am and I should have been in bed hours ago. It's not that I can't sleep but it's that I am basking in the peace and quiet that come so rarely to my house. Sleep beckons but I feel the need to put my thoughts into words. I want to remember that although the quiet is valued and treasured that I need to appreciate the chaos and noise of my everyday life. That chaos and noise stems from the things that truly bless and enrich my life. Without the children I fought so hard to get here, I wouldn't have that glorious noise, that cacophonous din that is the background music of my life. And, without that noise, the peace and quiet.wouldn't be something I reveled in. Instead, it would be something I despaired of.

Good night my friends...and, if you have a second, add to my chaos by delurking here.

3 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Beautiful sentiment :)

annie said...

Your post is a wonderful reminder not to wish away today. Two years ago I told a friend going through what I am now going through to just enjoy the moment and am now trying desperately to take my own advice!

Thank you so much for your support this week. It has been a rollercoaster, even without the drama of ept, so I much appreciate your kind words! Enjoy the cacophany while it's there! AP

Miss Tori said...

Hi Kristin,

Will you be doing a wrap up of the 2010 reader's challenge?