"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sometimes it's hard to get back into the groove...

I was sick last week. It was the kind of sick where it felt like someone had parked an 18 wheeler on top of me and left it there...for two days. What made this sick worse was that my hubby was sick at the same time. Like I mentioned before, I honestly don't think this has ever happened in our almost 18 years together. It really sucked not having someone to pick up the slack while I sat on the couch being pitiful.

Now, I'm trying to play catch up...do the cleaning that piled up while we were sick, do the laundry that piled up while we were sick, etc, etc. Even though everything is slowly but surely getting done, I feel kind of out of sorts...almost like there is something I'm missing and need to be doing. I don't really know why I'm feeling this way. Maybe it's just that I'm trying to re-establish a schedule. Maybe it's something else entirely.

Do you ever feel this way after something shuts down your normal schedule? Or, am I just weird?

5 comments:

Nina said...

I constantly feel that way cause, see, my husband thinks the underpants gnomes do the laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, bathroom/tile scrubbing, and dusting while we're away doing whatever he wants to do that doesn't involve chores. *sigh* For this reason, my house is never really clean.

battynurse said...

I totally get that. I hope things get caught up.

rys said...

This happens to me all the time...that feeling of having to 'catch up'. You will, slowly but surely, sweetie.

Stacie said...

I feel like this, too. I hope you are able to catch up with everything, and that your get your groove back soon!

Quiet Dreams said...

You're definitely not weird. I had a really tough time last week getting back in the groove after spring break, and I hadn't even been sick.