"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Kitchen 101

If you are ever cooking chicken to be included in another recipe (chicken salad, chicken fried rice, whatever) consider boiling it. It's a simple way to cook it. It's virtually impossible to over cook. And, if you throw the chicken (skin and all) into a stock pot, fill it most of the way with water, and add a few spices, you not only end up with flavorful chicken for your recipe but you end up with a potful of chicken stock that can be frozen for future use.

6 comments:

..al said...

Nice Tip!

I tend to marinate the chicken in a mix of curd, turmeric, ginger and garlic paste...that makes the chicken flavorful too!

..Soo.See.. said...

Oh thanks!! I'm so bad in the kitchen, I seriously don't even know how to make chicken soup. ::blushing:: And when I read the first line, I read "chicken" as "children"!! :O

areyoukiddingme said...

Hahaha Soo.See thinks you're cooking children!

We do this a lot - because it even works well when your lack of planning catches up with you and all you have is frozen chicken!

battynurse said...

I usually use the crock pot but then I'm usually just doing a chicken breast or two. It's sort of goofy for me to buy the whole chicken when I will only eat the breast. This is a good idea though if your cooking for a family.

Meari said...

Yup, I do that! I roasted a chicken last weekend and will be boiling the carcass to get the rest of the chicken off the bones and have a nice stock for chicken & noodles. Yum.

JuliaS said...

I almost always cook my chicken this way!