"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Just living is not enough...

I heard a quote today that appealed to me on so many different levels.
“Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”

It speaks to me of the need to live our lives to the fullest, to treat each moment as if it might be our last, and to not let things hold us back.

It speaks to me and says that our day to day routine is not enough. We need to make time for the things that bring beauty and joy into our lives.

It also speaks to me of spring...only 11 more days until it officially is here!
********************
Today, we are making our first real forays into spring-like weather and spring attire. The sun is shining (74 degrees, woohooo!), the sky is blue, and short sleeves are the rule. This weather is truly heavenly and is a close to perfect as I can imagine. Gabe is in full blown welcome to spring mode today...

********************
So, what quote speaks to you today and what are you doing to welcome spring into your world?

8 comments:

Flying Monkeys said...

74!!! It's snowing here. : ( I'd like spring to get here soon please.
Great quote!

..Soo.See.. said...

I like that quote! And Gabe looks ah-dorable! :) I was just looking up quote magnets today! and the one that always makes me feel like me is, "Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.." - Emerson

Nina said...

I don't have any quotes 'cept one: Hands and arms inside the ride, hold on to all loose articles, and stay seated till the ride comes to a complete stop. And above all, have a fun-filled day here at [fill in the blank]. And that do rag is precious!!

Ms Dreamer said...

"You can do or not do what you were gonna do, but you can't not do what you did." Clare, Unspoken for Time (a play I was in whilst I was in college).

He's too cute! I love Spring...can't wait until I can wear my flips all the time! :)

BTW, I nominated you for a Happy 101 award on my blog. Cause you rock.

rys said...

Hey, I recognize that shirt! ;-) Little Man doesn't remember it, but I have pictures! Gabe looks like he's ready to touch down in Hawaii. What he really needs is a lei. LOL!

Enjoy the beautiful weather!

Meari said...

I love that quote! 74... I'm dreaming :) Barely 50 here. Gabe looks adorable.

battynurse said...

I'm enjoying the later daylight even if I do only mostly see it through the windows at work.

MrsSpock said...

I am checking outside every day for the first shoots of my spring bulbs...I am making major plans for landscaping and gardening.