"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Answers

A couple of days ago, I threw the door open and offered to answer any questions you had. Since WiseGuy sounds like she might explode if she doesn't get answers, I figured I'd answer the questions I have so far and, if I get anymore, I can update this post.

What would be a dream vacation?(thanks Meari) Hmmm, I guess this wold depend if we were vacationing with or without the kids. With the kids, I would love a vacation at an all services included resort (or a Disney cruise) where they have all kinds of activities and things for the kids to do round the clock. For just the hubby and me, I would love to go on a "world tour"...visit a lot of places, wander through the non- touristy areas, see the great museums, eat at the quirky little restaurants that only the locals know about, and spend the nights in a great hotel.


Are you actively TTC at the moment?(thanks Mrs. Spock for your 3 questions) well, sort of. Yeah, I know you can't be sort of TTC but that's where we are. I have never had a problem getting pregnant (my problem was staying pregnant) as long as we manage to hit that magic window of opportunity but, right now we are fighting complications of diabetes along with the sheer chaos that is our lives. While we have "enjoyed" each other, we haven't hit that magic window in months.

Who is the bloggy celebrity that you would squeal about if you got to meet him/her in person? Honestly, I don't tend to to get starstruck (at least not publicly). While I might internally be thinking "OMG, I can't believe I'm meeting her" or "OMG, OMG, I can't believe she reads me", externally I am pretty calm. I am far more likely to squeal over meeting people I've gotten to be friends with online but have never met in person...people like Mel or Kym or you or WiseGuy or Wishing4One or my friends from the cross stitch group or... Well, you get the picture. Meeting my bloggy and online friends would definitely make me squeal.

What is the WORST thing you have ever done? I lied to someone dear to me about why something happened. I screwed up badly and caused something negative to happen when I was in my early 20s. I was so upset and ashamed by what happened that I lied about why the negative event occurred. To this day, I hold that secret deep within me. Telling might make me feel better but it wouldn't change anything so why inflict pain on someone else. That major fuck up on my part is why I am such a stickler with myself and others about owning up to your mistakes.

Which 'three people' would you like to recall back from the heaven? (thanks WiseGuy for your 2 questions) My first thought was my daughter. But, if that pregnancy had succeeded, I probably wouldn't have Gabe. And, I can't imagine life without that precious boy.

So, skipping that option, I would bring back my FIL. His death was tragic and unnecessary. We miss him every single day. After that recall, I really don't know. All 4 of my grandparents are gone and I couldn't chose one set of them over the other. There aren't any other celebrities I value enough to recall. Hmmm, could I bank one of those recalls. I'd like to save one for when that bitch cancer finally takes my friend Velda(who is doing well right now, thank God).

What is that one invention by mankind that you believe has completely messed up the human race? Honestly, I think it's the human race that has messed itself up, not any invention. Even something invented with the best of intentions can and has been perverted from its original use (think about the story of Alfred Nobel and dynamite).

I'll still take any questions you want to ask. No topic is taboo.

7 comments:

Wishing 4 One said...

Oh I'd be a squealin too if I could meet your crafty ass girl! Said with pure love of course. You have a home in Cairo anytime!

battynurse said...

Does Michael Westin blog? That would make me squeal.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

Awesome answers!!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Hells yeah I'd scream if I met you. Squeal, scream, hug, cry--all of the above.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Great questions... and awesome answers.

I'm sorry I missed out on the original call for questions, but I do have one for you. Food related of course.

What, if any, recipe/food/style of cooking has been the most difficult for you to master? Is there one that you haven't quite gotten right yet? One that is eluding you?

María said...

Ai, I have a question! If you live in any era of the past, any country, as any gender or race or class or whatever - basically just choose your life and how you lived it, where/what/who would you be?

MrsSpock said...

Where the hell was I when I missed this post?

So there will be a lot of squealing at the BlogHer conference ;)