All of you who are crafters of any sort will get a good giggle out of this. Crafting has a way of taking over your life and your house. If you do something other than cross stitch, just substitute in your craft of choice.
The 10 Promises Of A Stitcher (with thanks to Robin for posting this list on Facebook)
* I will not stuff embroidery supplies in every corner of my house. I fail at this.
* I will not keep 14 projects going at one time. I do not fail at this. I have many, many more than 14.
* I will not buy more threads, patterns, or books when I have a ton at home. I fail at this.
* I will not let my stitching space look like a condemned area. I fail at this.
* I will not relegate the kitchen table to needlework. I fail at this.
* I will not stock up on more stitching supplies just because they are on sale. I fail at this.
* I will not let my embroidery distract me from making dinner. I fail at this.
* I will not stay up all night stitching. I fail at this.
* I will not buy every embroidery magazine I see. I fail at this.
* I should not make promises I cannot keep.
So, tell me, do your crafts take over your life and your house? Have your supplies morphed into a stash and your stash morphed into *S.A.B.L.E. ? It's confession time...come on, it's good for the soul.
*S.A.B.L.E. = Stash Above and Beyond Life Expectancy