"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The inmates are running the asylum.

My hubby is sick. I am sick. I don't think we have ever both been sick at the same time. The kids are all healthy. This is a bad, bad situation. Trying to function well enough to prevent total chaos is not easy. Thank God I have good kids (most of the time) or they could really take this opportunity to wreak havoc.

For all you ICLW people, I promise to try and be more interesting tomorrow.

Long distant smooches (don't want to get y'all sick).

14 comments:

Flying Monkeys said...

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Oh hon--feel better soon.s

K said...

Aww feel better soon- it sucks to be incapacitated by sickness- and I can't imagine feeling that way with kids too!

Shelly- Mom Files said...

aww man!! Hope you and the Mister get better fast!! I am sure the boys will take good care of things while you are down ;)

Nina said...

You remember the old Robitussin commercial where the mom comes downstairs after recovering from a cold and finds the equivalent of a toxic waist dump in her kitchen with the husband and kids covered in what looks like spaghetti sauce? That totally entered my head when you said that about the inmates. I say contract Stockholm Syndrome and hire a maid.

Wishing 4 One said...

Oh man, get better fast! Thank God your kids are awesome or else you'd be in for some shit girl! xoxo

Cape Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you feel better.

ICLW#93

ALEH said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.
ICLW

Stacie said...

Awww - hope you both are feeling better soon! Many hugs...

..al said...

Ooooh...Get well soon! Both of you!

Beautiful Mess said...

OOOOOHHH NOOOO!!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Be good to your mom and dad, boys!
*HUGS*

Alex said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!!!

battynurse said...

Ok, now that's scary.

JuliaS said...

Oh Kristin - I totally heart your dad!!!!

Hope you are all feeling better very soon!

{{{hugs}}}