"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Everyone's a Winner (maybe NSFW or little eyes)


I promised all my crafty readers a little present and it's coming up. I think really hope my yarn loving readers will especially enjoy it.

First off, I want to announce the winner of the EdenFantasys giveaway. The lucky winner is Dora of My Preconceived Notion. Check your email for details on redeeming your gift card.

Do y'all remember when I showed you the little crocheted sperm I made from the pattern I found on Ravelry? Well, that pattern was my inspiration. Back when I was doing the steamy romance novel giveaway, I decided the book needed a special bookmark to go with it. And, it would have to be a really special bookmark to go with a book titled Big Spankable Asses (yes, it really is a romance...erotica without romance is BORING). I decided to make a sperm bookmark. It crochets up super quickly. Here's the pattern and the pictures...

Spermity Sperm Bookmark
Make 2 using worsted weight yarn

Head
Rnd 1: Magic ring, 6 sc in magic ring, join to first sc with sl st (6sts)
Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each st, join to first sc with sl st (12sts)
Rnd 3: sc2tog 6 times, join to first st with sl st (6sts)

Do NOT finish off.

Tail
Ch11, turn and sc in 2nd ch from hook (10sts); the tighter you crochet, the more the tail twists. Use the yarn end to close up and finish off the head.

For connecting cord (I used a thinner yarn for this)...leave a long tail of yarn on each end, chain 70, using darning needle, feed tail of long chain through the tip of the sperm tail, weave chain tail back into the chain, repeat at other end.
© Kristin Cruz and Dragondreamer's Lair 2011

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Lol! I love that! I'm going to have to try that pattern sometime :D

Dora said...

Yay! Thanks! Saw your email when I got to work, but I've been slammed.

Sorry to hear about the financial troubles. I hear you. I'm truly skating on the edge financially. It's so stressful. It sucks.

The bookmark is hilarious! Love it!

AnnaBelle said...

That bookmark is very, very cute :)

Jenn said...

HAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

cute, they look like ear bud covers