"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Mocha Spice Cake

Mocha Spice Cake
a Kristin Cruz original

Ingredients

1 1/4 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 whole egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 1/2 tsps baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4  tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups 2% milk
4 1/2 tbsp baking cocoa
1/4 cup espresso powder
1/4 cup kahlua
1/2 cup chocolate syrup


1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, espresso powder, baking cocoa, and salt. Stir and set aside. I put these all in a gallon ziploc bag and let Gabe shake it up to mix it. Then I had sweep up the flour that flew through the kitchen because I forgot to say SHAKE ONLY...don't smush and tug and pull the bag.
3) Cream 1 1/4 sticks butter with cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. Add eggs and mix until combined. Add vanilla and kahlua and mix. Add flour mixture and milk (with the chocolate syrup mixed in) alternately until totally incorporated.
4) Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and a 9 inch loaf pan. Pour in batter.
5) Bake cake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes clean.

3 comments:

Jen said...

is that the cake you are fed-exing me? yes?

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Ooooo, that sounds wonderful! I might actually give it a shot. (you know me and baking)

Shelly- Mom Files said...

WOW! I think this cake sounds amazing and looks so yummy! I am not big into chocolate but the Kahlua has sold me! :)