I am so honored and touched that she thinks enough of me to give this to me. It honestly brought tears to my eyes when I read her post today. I'm not sure what I did that was extraordinary enough to warrant this but THANK YOU KYM.
Kym stated there was absolutely *no requirement to pass on this award. However, I have a few people I would like to pass this on to. Becoming Whole is someone who truly is a hero in my book. I don't think she even realizes how awesome she is. She's been to hell and back with her soon to be ex...even suffering through infertility while suffering through him. Instead of slinking away once she escaped and disappearing from our radar, she picks herself up, dusts herself off, and proceeds to tell the story of what she went through and her recovery. Since she has been unflinching in laying it all out there, her blog may serve as a beacon for someone else trapped in a hellish marriage. I hope she realizes how much her story matters and how much she matters. You are one of my heroes my friend.
Another person I would like to pass this award onto is my dear friend Rys. You won't be able to understand why she is such a hero by just reading her blog because lot of her story isn't published there. Rys was never valued by her family as she grew up yet she grew into a generous, loving woman. She is an incredible advocate for her children (who completely ROCK) , a supportive wife to her husband, and she's the kind of friend any of us would be lucky to have. Rys is smart, funny, and generally incredible. Her support has held me up more than once. And, she is this incredible person despite never having a role model who was like that for her when she was little. I am lucky enough to have this hero as my friend and sister by choice.
Lastly, I know Kym originated this award but I wanted to give it back to her. Kym pulled herself out of the trenches of infertility and, instead of saying Thank God I don't have to deal with that again, she said, I succeded, now let me lay my body and peace of mind on the line so someone else can escape the hell of infertility. Kym, not many women would be willing to go down that road for other people. I salute you my friend.
*Kym says you aren't obligated to pass on the award, but if you want to pass on the Red Cape Award to another blogger, here are the steps:
- On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post: Red Cape Award SuperCrew (http://smartone.typepad.com/smartone/red-cape-award-supercrew.html). This is a running list of awardees. (This post has the code for adding the award and link.)
- Check in on the SuperCrew post by leaving a link to your blog and a comment to let Kymberli of I'm a Smart One know that you were passed a Red Cape Award so she can add you to the list.
- Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.
- Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.
- If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.
- You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else.
If you do pass it on, at the very least, please come back and let Kym know who you've given it to so that she can link back to them on the SuperCrew list of honored recipients.