"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

If I made the rules...

If I made all the rules, here are the rules I would live by...
  1. A woman can be sick or she can have her period. It is cruel and unusual punishment to have both at the same time.
  2. When a woman is sick, she gets access to a universal mute button. This universal mute button would mute everything and anything around her which would give her the peace and quiet to truly sleep. If she has a family, they would continue to interact with each other but from her perspective they would be silent (think of muting a television...the show doesn't stop but the noise is gone).
  3. I will do many things to help the environment. I rinse, reuse, recycle, and cut many corners to save energy...but, do NOT ask me to give up my plastic tampon applicators. Having my period is enough of a pain (literally and figuratively) without having to deal with uncooperative cardboard applicators.
Ummmm, I am sure I had more rules to live by but my brain is too addled by germs to remember them. Do y'all have any suggestions?

7 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Love your rules and agree with them entirely... but sorry to hear that you're feeling unwell. Rest up and look after yourself xo

Jen said...

nothing to add...but can I AMEN the universal mute? if you find it, send it to me. I am miserable, but yet I'm supermom so everyone is pulling me every way. I'm close to screaming. Feel better, and what we chatted about, I'm thinking hard lol

Keiko Zoll said...

Oh hun *hug* Sending you a virtual cup of tea and a nice warm blanket. Periods + being sick = awful.

Delenn said...

Love your rules--could we make them laws? (hmmm...my word verification is "crying"...)

[[hugs]]

The Blessed Barrenness said...

Love the rules! Totally agree! And I must really be in deepest darkest Africa because we don't get a choice with our tampon applicators! Its cardboard or no applicator and eeeuuw, gross, why would I want a non applicator type?
Feel better!!!

Nina said...

Chocolate would be its own food group, and offspring would immediately fall asleep when their head hit the pillow. Think birdcage cover effect. Yeah. Oh yeah, and men/boys would have a switch where we could turn on the broom/mop/dusting hands like Inspector Gadget.

Meari said...

I am sure women everywhere would agree to those rules!