"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, March 07, 2011

Did Armageddon happen and I just missed it?

Either that, or hell must have frozen over.  'Cause what happened tonight simply is beyond the realm of possibility.  What, pray tell, happened?  I had a problem with my cell phone...and, we all know what crappy customer service cell phone companies have.  The first guy I got on the phone made me think this was going to be a battle. He basically said "Well, yeah, we screwed up but I can only offer you back half your money because that's all I am allowed to do." I cranked up the bitch factor a bit. I was still being pleasant but let him know I wasn't going to roll over and go away.  When I got the manager on the phone, not only did he resolve all the problems, he refunded more than what I was out. Holy shit was I stunned. This time I can honestly say "Thanks AT&T. You did good."

2 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

That's amazing. Seriously. Customer service anywhere generally sucks, and they are always trying to rip you off... that is really amazing.

Quiet Dreams said...

That explains those pigs that just flew by my window...