"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

An Asshat Who Deserves The 9th Circle Of Hell

People who write viruses and put them on kids' game sites deserve to rot in the 9th circle of hell.  Thanks to an asshat of that ilk, I have spent the entire day getting reconnected to the internet and clearing the viruses off my computer. You know, part of me can admire the programming prowess it takes to produce a piece of code that allows a site to function seamlessly yet can wreak total havoc on others. But, the bigger part of me is royally pissed off that some little ass clown had nothing better to do with their time than create a virus that attacked and made my connection to the internet unrecognizable. I have cleared the virus off my computer twice (yeah, it got through a second time thanks to that frakking site) and I hope it is up and working for good.

I was also ready to consign all electronics to the 9th circle of hell along with the asshat virus writer.  Yesterday, the trackball on my beloved crackberry quit spinning to the right. It would got up.  It would go down. It would scroll left for so long it felt like I should have come back to where I started. It simply would not go right...that damned liberal thing.  I guess the crackberry had a little talk with the trackball after it heard my ranting and raving and cursing because miraculously the trackball decided to abandon the left leaning tendencies and returned to being a free thinking independent. There may have been a few threats to take a hammer to the computer and dismantle the crackberry...or there might not have...I'm just sayin'.

So, at one point, I had a dead laptop (yeah, the fucker died again...for good this time), a virus laden 'puter, and a recalcitrant crackberry. Since 2 out of the 3 have been restored to functional status and the beloved laptop has a weekend date with Vic the computer repair husband, my tenuous grip on sanity has been maintained. If someone could just tell me where my camera and keys disappeared to, all would be right in my corner of electronics heaven.

5 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Oy... electronics were supposed to make our lives easier weren't they? Sorry that all your devices are acting posessed.

The Blessed Barrenness said...

Asshat! Hahahahaha! Love it! Think its my new favorite word! Asshat! I have a visual.. it is very funny! :-)

Kakunaa said...

Ugh electronics. DISLIKE.

What model of Crackberry do you have, and what carrier - some models are eligible for a trackball replacement, I believe...when I work, I work with them :) Let me know!

Transport Bulgaria said...

Asshat is definitely a sweet thing to call such an idiot. It’s really annoying to spend the whole day removing viruses from your computer just because a moron put it onto a kids’ site.

..al said...

Oh, you are so right! If one has too much time, there is so much to be done...why spend time in wreckin' havoc on others?

I am sending Zen vibes to all appliances in your home! ;-)